Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

55 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I think it would have to be Camelon & Dunipace.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Harthill is the boundary I believe. Shotts are West and Fauldhouse are East.

Cheers. I'm quite interested to see if a line is drawn similar to Juniors or not. If I've heard correct, the North/South conference in England changes the split depending on the geography of the clubs, so I'm curious to see if clubs will be moved over/from to a LL East/West to make up the numbers on a tier by tier basis.

EDIT: Maybe come up with a better name than LL East & LL West etc etc.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Say there is a East/West split, where would you draw the line about? Pardon my lack of knowledge on it but who is the most Eastern West Junior side and vice versa?

If this ever became an issue, surely clubs who are borderline could choose a region to suit them, Shotts or Forth for example could opt East or West. As The Shed stated, a regional West LL could be a game changer that could tempt clubs, if a few heavyweights in the West Juniors decided to move, as is being suggested will happen in the East,  then Junior football would have to react. We could actually end up with a proper pyramid and, more importantly for me, a vibrant Non League scene.

20 hours ago, fueradejuego said:

Always enjoy reading the condescending comments of Goudie towards anyone outside of her beloved Junior world.

Even words of praise towards the achievements of Kelty are forced and inevitably come with a "but" to forewarn of impending doom.

Ach well, we can't all be crowd pleasers like your good self!:)  But I'm pleased you enjoy my posts.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that regions have changed.  When Bo'ness started out after the war, they were in the Edinburgh District League but in 1949 an expansion in clubs meant an east and a west division was formed but it did not really help them.

Go forward many years and the east region went crazy, encompassing Fife & Tayside clubs, to allow the creation of the SuperLeague as we know it.

I'm sure the same happened through west but my knowledge of that is scant.

What I'm getting at, is clubs have been getting moved about for many years. Not always voluntarily but the end result is always 11 v 11. 

On 30/11/2017 at 09:20, Jason King said:

You can say exactly the same about the SPFL and the EPL, its not just a junior thing - most youngsters can see Man United/Barcelona/PSG goals on their devices within minutes of the goal being scored and that has removed the link between clubs at all levels and the youth of today.

Why pay to go and see a game  when you can see the more famous teams goals without leaving the house.

The point stands though, Junior football is uniquely top heavy with the more elderly punters probably due to low cost and reasonably local fixtures , far more so than other grades. 

There is no real prospect of bringing in new fans at the rate the older dudes are 'leaving', so unless the Junior clubs are just going to hope for a rolling conveyor belt of guys finding a serious interest in their later lives it's hard to see anything but a drop in footfall in the next couple of decades. 

52 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The point stands though, Junior football is uniquely top heavy with the more elderly punters probably due to low cost and reasonably local fixtures , far more so than other grades. 

There is no real prospect of bringing in new fans at the rate the older dudes are 'leaving', so unless the Junior clubs are just going to hope for a rolling conveyor belt of guys finding a serious interest in their later lives it's hard to see anything but a drop in footfall in the next couple of decades. 

There are now far too many teams in almost all grades.  With all the other options available to people now attendances are more sporadic and even new fans might not visit a game consistently.  This was probably not a problem several years ago when football on a Saturday at your local team was one of the only hings to do.  TV football, Xbox and all the other trappings means that demographic is only going one way.  This means that we now have too many teams to sustain with the current fan base we see.  Long term, as sad as it is, some teams will simply disappear.

29 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

There are now far too many teams in almost all grades.  With all the other options available to people now attendances are more sporadic and even new fans might not visit a game consistently.  This was probably not a problem several years ago when football on a Saturday at your local team was one of the only hings to do.  TV football, Xbox and all the other trappings means that demographic is only going one way.  This means that we now have too many teams to sustain with the current fan base we see.  Long term, as sad as it is, some teams will simply disappear.

Sad but undoubtedly true. 

Totally agree - not nice to say but for Scottish football to progress a good cull is required.

Leaner meaner

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Load of bull**** . What teams do you want to cull from Scottish football?

That's the sad bit gogsy. All teams will mean something to someone so how would you even start. Natural selection will play some part eventually I guess.

On 30/11/2017 at 08:16, the jambo-rocker said:

Say there is a East/West split, where would you draw the line about? Pardon my lack of knowledge on it but who is the most Eastern West Junior side and vice versa?

Blackridge. It's the first village that people start saying "ken", heading east.

That's not my decision.

Lesser teams = more potential for others (support/finance)

We all know there are teams who merely survive each season.

Teams who can't progress as don't meet ground criteria etc. Yet these same teams can halt ambitions of progressive clubs.

Surely participation in a league should include a rule that teams must be eligible to progress.

Progress to where?

Kelty are in the EoS where you can progress to 'LL and maybe SFL.

Not every team in the EoS meet the required standards to progress. Coming 2nd would be bad enough but would be even worse if that team then isn't eligible to progress

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Kelty are in the EoS where you can progress to 'LL and maybe SFL.

Not every team in the EoS meet the required standards to progress. Coming 2nd would be bad enough but would be even worse if that team then isn't eligible to progress

You changed your tune on clubs progressing? are you not in favour of the glass ceiling of the Super League where progression isn’t possible if you win the league no matter how good your facilities are.

Totally agree - not nice to say but for Scottish football to progress a good cull is required.

Leaner meaner

What a slavering clown.

I don’t think he’s well Gogsy. Best off disregarding his views.

38 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

That's not my decision.

Lesser teams = more potential for others (support/finance)

We all know there are teams who merely survive each season.

Teams who can't progress as don't meet ground criteria etc. Yet these same teams can halt ambitions of progressive clubs.

Surely participation in a league should include a rule that teams must be eligible to progress.

Utterly pathetic dribbling nonsense.

Archived