Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A crowd of 240 for the East Of Scotland is good, We cant boast the crowds of Linlithgow, Boness, Auchinleck etc but im 100% certain we would have the biggest average spend per fan on a matchday. Our average spend per supporter is £17.50 per match, entry, programme, snack bar, few pints before and after the game. Every penny of that £17.50 goes straight to the football club.
Couple that with Hospitality,  SFA Membership, Cup Prize Money, Sponsorship, Beat The Goalie Sales,  Its a real strong business model that works and its proven. Season ticket sales are up 20% since our move to the EOS. Im sure it will be up again in the Lowland League and if we were lucky enough to go even higher.

I'm an old cynic and belief that the juniors serve a real purpose of providing football for smaller local communities. Economies of scale and all that

Have never bought into the Kelty game plan. Please don't take that as criticism as your excellent post suggests I'm wrong.

But at some point there must be a danger where growth outstrips your situation and you become another small fish drowning in a pond that's to big. In years to come you will have to impact other Fife teams to increase fan base etc

Kelty could have been a real junior force if you stayed. Only time will tell if that potential can be a success as you progress

55 minutes ago, kefc said:

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar, Community Cafe  and an extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

It is clear that Kelty are well run and very hard working. However what you describe is serious money. We’re not talking tens of thousands, way beyond that. Good luck to you but despite the clubs endevour, on the face of it something just isn’t adding up looking at it as an entity. Perhaps when the “developments” are announced it will make sense. I am very curious to see how this will be paid for. 

It is clear that Kelty are well run and very hard working. However what you describe is serious money. We’re not talking tens of thousands, way beyond that. Good luck to you but despite the clubs endevour, on the face of it something just isn’t adding up looking at it as an entity. Perhaps when the “developments” are announced it will make sense. I am very curious to see how this will be paid for. 

Automatic Scottish cup entry every single year now for kelty , just takes them to strike it reasonably lucky a few times with the draw and to progress into the 4th / 5th round and draw one of the old firm or a hearts or hibs away from home , maybe some live TV footage money chucked in there , all the money that they accrue from each round on top of a real biggy and you could be talking about a tidy 6 figure sum which would lend a big hand in their stadium improvements , pretty much the Talbot way in which they tend to put the cash ( tynecastle money) back into ground improvements - which is to be commended , kelty will make more money out their constant senior Scottish cup involvements than they would if they had won the scottish junior cup .

This season is probably a mundane write off for them in the EOS on their way to the LL and when they get there it's going to be well worth watching .

11 hours ago, energyzone said:

Do you think Bo'ness will go for it?

I can only speak for myself, not the club but I know we are paving the way for a move, be it sooner or later.

Junior football is great but the times are changing and if you do not move with them, you'll be left behind.  For some they will be fine just continuing as they are now but stay still and you stagnate.

Bo'ness used to have a senior side that played in the top league back in the 1920's.  We will probably never reach those heights but why shouldn't we try?

55 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Either the east or south!

Well, that's up to your club, access to the LL must be your goal, and beyond I suppose where you once were. However, it did go horribly wrong. Not having a go at Clydebank for wanting what they once had but I can say assuredly  that for Talbot, who are undisputedly the most successful club in the Juniors, it hold no attraction, at the moment as it presently stands. However, a serious look at unifying non league football might change something. Myinitial post and the  point of it  is that Kelty, despite a poster who thinks they will get to the championship AT WORST, could be over stretching and be foisted by their own petard. They seem to be galvanised at the moment, have momentum, but could they be a victim of their own momentum? The facility described could be in the region of 500k. Despite their impressive organisation and superb initiative, the numbers aren't adding up for me. They have another two clubs, one Junior, one senior on their door step already. With Raith and the Pars being the big clubs in Fife and East Fife also in the mix looking for a bite, lets just say I have my reservations. But I have been wrong before, not often though.:thumsup2

Well, that's up to your club, access to the LL must be your goal, and beyond I suppose where you once were. However, it did go horribly wrong. Not having a go at Clydebank for wanting what they once had but I can say assuredly  that for Talbot, who are undisputedly the most successful club in the Juniors, it hold no attraction, at the moment as it presently stands. However, a serious look at unifying non league football might change something. Myinitial post and the  point of it  is that Kelty, despite a poster who thinks they will get to the championship AT WORST, could be over stretching and be foisted by their own petard. They seem to be galvanised at the moment, have momentum, but could they be a victim of their own momentum? The facility described could be in the region of 500k. Despite their impressive organisation and superb initiative, the numbers aren't adding up for me. They have another two clubs, one Junior, one senior on their door step already. With Raith and the Pars being the big clubs in Fife and East Fife also in the mix looking for a bite, lets just say I have my reservations. But I have been wrong before, not often though.:thumsup2

Isa, for one minute could you accept that, like Talbot, Kelty are a well-run club who have have a long-term financial plan? Obviously their plans for the future are different to Talbot's, but there is no need to denigrate their aspirations. I am sure Kelty will have factored in the costs of all their facilities and will be working on a worst case scenario basis and will only do work that is necessary and affordable.

7 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Isa, for one minute could you accept that, like Talbot, Kelty are a well-run club who have have a long-term financial plan? Obviously their plans for the future are different to Talbot's, but there is no need to denigrate their aspirations. I am sure Kelty will have factored in the costs of all their facilities and will be working on a worst case scenario basis and will only do work that is necessary and affordable.

Think that’s a bit harsh. I have given Kelty full credit for the way they are running their club. However, I’m surely not the only one who thinks that perhaps the investment could outway the product. You might be right regarding factoring costs, but plenty of clubs have let ambition and momentum overtake due diligence. Time will tell.  

Think that’s a bit harsh. I have given Kelty full credit for the way they are running their club. However, I’m surely not the only one who thinks that perhaps the investment could outway the product. You might be right regarding factoring costs, but plenty of clubs have let ambition and momentum overtake due diligence. Time will tell.  

I fail to see how improving facilities can be seen as 'outwaying [sic] the product'. I'm aware that some clubs have ploughed cash into their teams whilst playing in a midden, but I'm sure you're not suggesting this is the way forward, are you?

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

The investment in the facilities is for the benefit of a Community and a strong growing Community Club. The Club has no debts whatsoever and never will have. If we can generate funds to improve the facilities that will better everyone in the village for 100 plus years and make the Football Club financially stronger, where’s the problem?

The investment in the new facilities will pay for themselves, our current Social Club and Sports Bar that we built years ago prove this, it clearly works but we have now outgrown them.  All our efforts and investment will make us even stronger and will pay for itself in time, bigger Social Club open to all on Matchday and for functions at weekends every week, Bigger Hospitality Sports Bar, SFA Membership, Prize Money. In just 4 months of moving associations we are minimum £20k better off each year just for being Licenced. Linlithgow have this start on other clubs  also.

Have we got a massive fan base yet? NO Are we on the right tracks and improving? YES. Remember It’s not just every 2nd Saturday afternoon like most clubs where we generate money, it’s 2/3 days every week. This is where we have the advantage over most other clubs.

This level of investment obviously is far from the norm at this level and might be hard to understand for some but our committee have a wealth of business and football knowledge and are working to a detailed business model that works and has worked on and off the pitch for the last 3 years in the SJFA with no financial help from the association. We now have a to be bettered model in an association where your rewarded for your efforts on and off the pitch, it’s quite a nice thought to know there is rewards out there for the hard work we all put in.

The Gaffer and the players aren’t half doing an excellent job on the pitch too and have done the last few years which also helps massively.

On 26/11/2017 at 17:14, theshed said:

Do you see an Ayrshire team doing " a kelty " ?? It's so much easier for east teams like kelty to do it as an east of scotland pyramid setup is in place , through here in the west we don't have one and the alternative is to join the south of Scotland league which has very little appeal .

On 26/11/2017 at 17:37, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes my Beith chum, this is true there is actually no such facility in the west. 

My geography is nae the best but I'm sure there's an ambitious team called Bonnyton based in Ayrshire somewhere who possibly have the best chance of progression up the pyramid given the league they're playing in at present.

Ambitious bigger west junior teams wouldn't take long to get to the LL through that route in my opinion. Surprised it's taken 5 pages,  they (Bonnyton) haven't been mentioned yet or are they just being completely ignored in potential scenarios ;)

Kelty going up is not a given, Lothian Thistle will have a massive say as they have done it before but only their ground stops them going higher to the LL or they would have been their already, LT have beaten Kelty the last two times they have played them, Kelty have a big lead in the EOS league over LT who have lots of games in hand but it will go down to these two games against each other and it would be a disaster for Kelty not to go straight up as I really hope they do.

Kelty  are making massive efforts to develop on and off the park where LT have not, LT have made lots of money over the past three seasons and could easily have developed their ground but choose not to.

So for me Kelty are planning for the future wher LT are not, I hope I am wrong but I think LT will pip Kelty for the title.

7 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Kelty going up is not a given, Lothian Thistle will have a massive say as they have done it before but only their ground stops them going higher to the LL or they would have been their already, LT have beaten Kelty the last two times they have played them, Kelty have a big lead in the EOS league over LT who have lots of games in hand but it will go down to these two games against each other and it would be a disaster for Kelty not to go straight up as I really hope they do.

Kelty  are making massive efforts to develop on and off the park where LT have not, LT have made lots of money over the past three seasons and could easily have developed their ground but choose not to.

So for me Kelty are planning for the future wher LT are not, I hope I am wrong but I think LT will pip Kelty for the title.

Are LTHV not stymied by planning permission etc?

Archived