Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

17 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am still here guys, thanks for your concern. All I have to say is take this thread to the very popular EoS pages. Sure there will be more interest there than contamination of The Junior Football pages.

There he is though!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

I would imagine much greater away support would be seen in the LL.  On the visits of some of the larger teams from the LL and the ties against LVHT crowds were far bigger than the one this weekend (both home and away fans).  It's a sensible argument/point being made but I really feel the better Kelty do the larger the crowds will become.

To add also I have been at a few Tuesday night games (including friendlies) where there were what looked like going on 100 which given the weather etc is great!

Interesting, who in the LL carries a big support?

20 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes my Beith chum, this is true there is actually no such facility in the west. Any type of proposal will no doubt involve the SOS which would no doubt result in an even more low key product than I witnessed yesterday. There was no real excitement or passion that we are so accustomed to in the West Juniors. The announcer tried to wind it up a bit but it was rather bizarre. I never saw any away fans and the home support was fairly low in numbers and atmosphere. My point being, even if there were a West equivalent it wouldn't get anyone from the juniors exited. I just wonder where Kelty will be in five years?

Great post.  Come back in five years and give us an update ;).

Where will Kelty be in 5 years, at a rough guess at worst they'll be one league below the SPFL and have automatic entry into the Scottish Cup every season.

A total pisser for them. Meanwhile the West Juniors will be playing to ever dwindling crowds in ever more crumbling stadiums and wondering why the rest of Scottish football isn't still dreaming to a return of the halcyon days of the 1950s.

At a rough guess.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Interesting, who in the LL carries a big support?

Was pleasantly surprised by the crowd for the recent friendly with Whitehall Welfare (hard to say how many were away fans right enough).

Attending the away cup game against Spartans was an eye opener.  Going on 70/80 Kelty fans there and several hundred Spartans fans on a cold and wet night midweek.  Would imagine they could bring  100+ to an away game no problem at all.  Gretna have a good wee following also from any games I have been at although they have not yet been to NCP.

A Kelty vs Spartans game in the future in the LL could well attract 400+ for me.  Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Where will Kelty be in 5 years, at a rough guess at worst they'll be one league below the SPFL and have automatic entry into the Scottish Cup every season.

A total pisser for them. Meanwhile the West Juniors will be playing to ever dwindling crowds in ever more crumbling stadiums and wondering why the rest of Scottish football isn't still dreaming to a return of the halcyon days of the 1950s.

At a rough guess.

At worst? You got to love an optimist! Incidentally, a lot of stadiums in the West Juniors are anything but crumbling, some have had plenty of investment and are first class. The Trouble for the West is that at present what is on offer is not anywhere near attractive enough to tempt clubs away. The geographical issue with the SOS league together with the standard of it renders this option obsolete fore them. Games between the big names, nearly all games in the top division, attract much larger crowds than what has been mentioned  in EOS and LL. Moving simply not an option at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

At worst? You got to love an optimist! Incidentally, a lot of stadiums in the West Juniors are anything but crumbling, some have had plenty of investment and are first class. The Trouble for the West is that at present what is on offer is not anywhere near attractive enough to tempt clubs away. The geographical issue with the SOS league together with the standard of it renders this option obsolete fore them. Games between the big names, nearly all games in the top division, attract much larger crowds than what has been mentioned  in EOS and LL. Moving simply not an option at the moment.

The EOS league has got to be viewed as a stepping stone for larger clubs (no disrespect intended).  If you had the likes of say Boness, Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg then added a few big West teams to the LL you would soon see what was on offer being good enough.  Fans will travel for good games, which, having attended several Kelty away games where we have dished out hammerings, is not always the case at the moment.

8 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

Yeah its pleasing, lot of hard work from everyone involved all just trying to be the best we can on and off the pitch for the benefit of the community.

10 hours ago, kefc said:

Your right on this, the builders went overkill due to the massive gusts that can get up on that side, We have had dugouts and a previous stand come right out there founds in the past.

We are looking at a way to reduce the number of pillars and possibly making them smaller.

I think the walls nearest to the dug outs are too high and block out a lot of the view if you are standing back. I think if it had been one long covered terrace without the gap in the middle for the dug outs the sight lines would have been better.

Would it be worth considering moving the dug outs to the other side when the new stand is built and eventually making the Social Club side one long covered terrace.

Not a criticism just an observation by someone who attends a few games at NCP.

Why do we have a thread on Pie and Bovril Juniors for a team that no longer play Junior. Are they trying to convince everybody else they took the right road. Time will tell. Why not go to another thread rather than the Junior threads.

4 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Why do we have a thread on Pie and Bovril Juniors for a team that no longer play Junior. Are they trying to convince everybody else they took the right road. Time will tell. Why not go to another thread rather than the Junior threads.

It was started by a Talbot fan ffs.

27 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

For me, there is a direct interest in how they manage this year.  My own club have shown interest in going down the same route in the near future and we wont be the only ones.

Some of us consider Kelty as 'trailblazers' and so ignoring them or not seeing the link is really narrow-minded.

Purely my own opinion but I feel that the resentment of their being on a junior thread is borne out of jealousy.

21 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

A crowd of 240 for the East Of Scotland is good, We cant boast the crowds of Linlithgow, Boness, Auchinleck etc but im 100% certain we would have the biggest average spend per fan on a matchday. Our average spend per supporter is £17.50 per match, entry, programme, snack bar, few pints before and after the game. Every penny of that £17.50 goes straight to the football club.

Couple that with Hospitality,  SFA Membership, Cup Prize Money, Sponsorship, Beat The Goalie Sales,  Its a real strong business model that works and its proven. Season ticket sales are up 20% since our move to the EOS. Im sure it will be up again in the Lowland League  if we were lucky enough to go even higher.

58 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I think the walls nearest to the dug outs are too high and block out a lot of the view if you are standing back. I think if it had been one long covered terrace without the gap in the middle for the dug outs the sight lines would have been better.

Would it be worth considering moving the dug outs to the other side when the new stand is built and eventually making the Social Club side one long covered terrace.

Not a criticism just an observation by someone who attends a few games at NCP.

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar, Community Cafe  and an extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

1 minute ago, kefc said:

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar and extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Sounds good always thought that you would eventually put something there in the long term seems a "wasted" space. Just need to get rid of that bloody wind up there now:lol: already dreading the thought of getting frozen at the 20s game on Wednesday:lol:

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Club has come a long way since the original dressing rooms.:)

Put it this way a ref and 2 linseman would have no chance getting changed i remember the words "King Billy" being carved on the wooden posts at the front, turns out it was Billy Martin who done that in his youth :lol: 

For me, there is a direct interest in how they manage this year.  My own club have shown interest in going down the same route in the near future and we wont be the only ones.
Some of us consider Kelty as 'trailblazers' and so ignoring them or not seeing the link is really narrow-minded.
Purely my own opinion but I feel that the resentment of their being on a junior thread is borne out of jealousy.

Do you think Bo'ness will go for it?

We shall have news out soon on this  but there is plans for  a new grandstand (like Sauchie. Linlithgow) incorporating new Dressing Rooms with tunnel onto the pitch in between dugouts, New Hospitality Sports Bar, Community Cafe  and an extended Social Club  going in between the 2 enclosures. We are waiting on a couple of developments and conformations before we publicly announce the details of this.

Sounds good and exciting times ahead for kelty to be honest , they seem to have an excellent structure off the park and quite often if you have that then success will follow off the park.

Archived