Kelty Hearts & the EOS League

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the bigger East sides jump ship the others will surely follow over time and the Juniors will becomes a weird wee regional anomaly with little interest outside the WOS. 

I would strongly hope the teams in the West are preparing for this in some positive way as obsolescence beckons. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kelty weren't in the juniors that long compared to other clubs though , although they didn't win the cup they did manage to get to two finals in recent years, that's more that the other so called big East  clubs like Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg Rose have done in the last 30+ years.

Interesting that they left the Juniors without ever winning the Fife & Lothians Cup either.  Not a dig, just an observation.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Obviously got problems with your eyes then, if you think a 1000+ crowd would make it difficult for you to see as well.

As I said, it is a great wee set up, but in my humble opinion a four figure attendance would be problematic for some to see. Only my opinion, it won't be problem unless you get a big name in the Scottish. 

If the bigger East sides jump ship the others will surely follow over time and the Juniors will becomes a weird wee regional anomaly with little interest outside the WOS. 
I would strongly hope the teams in the West are preparing for this in some positive way as obsolescence beckons. 

It could be that the Scottish cup would turn into a much glorified west of Scotland cup if the top east teams leave in abundance , the north region add very little to the Scottish cup , the east without boness , linlithgow , kelty and a few other big guns like bonyrigg & newtongrange for example would leave it as a total west domination , would be amazing to win still but the whole point of the Scottish cup should be beating the very best in all regions .

12 minutes ago, theshed said:

It could be that the Scottish cup would turn into a much glorified west of Scotland cup if the top east teams leave in abundance , the north region add very little to the Scottish cup , the east without boness , linlithgow , kelty and a few other big guns like bonyrigg & newtongrange for example would leave it as a total west domination , would be amazing to win still but the whole point of the Scottish cup should be beating the very best in all regions .

Agreed, it would be hard to treat it as a true National tournament which would be a real shame. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Good topic this, I am sure when bravehearts dad comes online he'll give it his seal  of approval.:)

I am still here guys, thanks for your concern. All I have to say is take this thread to the very popular EoS pages. Sure there will be more interest there than contamination of The Junior Football pages.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

More posts on this thread, than in  the last three months on the Bonnyrigg Rose one.:thumsup2

Concern was raised as to my thoughts so I have courteously replied. I am Happy with the way things are going with the Big Rose so there is no need to post on their thread, if I have anything to say about my club I shall post it on the appropriate thread in the Junior Football forum.

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There was no more than 150 present which was a disappointing crowd. I find myself asking what will Kelty's future be?

2 hours ago, kefc said:

The crowd yesterday was 240 including 70 in for hospitality

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I never saw any away fans and the home support was fairly low in numbers

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

You weren't looking very far then because there were about 20 -30 there and they were conspicuous by the fact they were wearing blue.

It seems IG's famous calculator works the other way around for senior matches. Unusual phenomenon.

Kinda like that already even with East and North teams in it.

13 hours ago, gogsy said:

Two gates of 900+ last season in the Scottish cup, loads of space in the ground. Add 300+ seater stand for next season , plenty of room to develop terracing at the dressing room end goals as well if needed.

Gogsy, last season when visiting with Bo'ness, I was impressed by the changes that had taken place.  Only problem was the available view over on the social club side.  The builders probably didn't think but the available view from the back of the said enclosure was poor as it cut out  a large section of the pitch.

Any plans to rectify?  I appreciate that for most games there is plenty room but just a wee flaw in the grand scheme.

44 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Gogsy, last season when visiting with Bo'ness, I was impressed by the changes that had taken place.  Only problem was the available view over on the social club side.  The builders probably didn't think but the available view from the back of the said enclosure was poor as it cut out  a large section of the pitch.

Any plans to rectify?  I appreciate that for most games there is plenty room but just a wee flaw in the grand scheme.

Your right on this, the builders went overkill due to the massive gusts that can get up on that side, We have had dugouts and a previous stand come right out there founds in the past.

We are looking at a way to reduce the number of pillars and possibly making them smaller.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Thought i'd ask this here since it was kind of brought up. When was the last time a team from the North Region came close to winning the Junior Scottish Cup? From a quick scan of the results the last time anyone made a final were Banks O'Dee in 1956-1957.

I can't remember a quarter finalist from the North in the last 20 years or so, although I'm sure there will have been a couple. 

16 hours ago, kefc said:

Hope you enjoyed your visit btw on a bitterly cold afternoon. There’s a new seated stand going in where the old enclosure is on the school side in May.

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wow, that's some investment, having been involved with the construction of Talbot's 500 seat stand I have an idea how much money this will take, especially from new. This will make the stadium better, obviously. Smashing set up it will be, you must be chuffed to bits?

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

No doubting their ambitions - but this seems to be outstripping the reality of their situation. 

Their fan base hasn't bought into this to the same levels.   A crowd of 240 less 70 who according to reports were as much there for the hospitality as the game = 170 - 30 away supporters and you have a home gate around 140 locals. 

Kelty have made fantastic advances on and off the park - but if the locals don't come out and support this then your investment is somewhat devalued.

(No offence meant - just my view/concerns)

I would imagine much greater away support would be seen in the LL.  On the visits of some of the larger teams from the LL and the ties against LVHT crowds were far bigger than the one this weekend (both home and away fans).  It's a sensible argument/point being made but I really feel the better Kelty do the larger the crowds will become.

To add also I have been at a few Tuesday night games (including friendlies) where there were what looked like going on 100 which given the weather etc is great!

Archived