Dundee United vs Dunfermline Athletic

AJ saying we should build on the defeat and it was good.
Were we really at the races? Penalty aside we didn't have many chances and United missed a few. I'm starting to agree about away fans comments on big nat. He is a decent blocking midfielder but is very very static and when you combine him with a 4-4-2 and Shiels it's not hard to see why we are struggling. I think he has reached his top level in terms of tactics but would love to be proved wrong. If QOTS beat us then he must be under real pressure.
Hard games to come against livvy and saints away. We could be getting dragged into a battle at the bottom again. Every season he leaves us with not enough players in certain positions and too many in others. I wonder if bringing back jim mcintyre would be a possibility? *tin helmet on*

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Were we really at the races? Penalty aside we didn't have many chances and United missed a few. I'm starting to agree about away fans comments on big nat. He is a decent blocking midfielder but is very very static and when you combine him with a 4-4-2 and Shiels it's not hard to see why we are struggling. I think he has reached his top level in terms of tactics but would love to be proved wrong. If QOTS beat us then he must be under real pressure.
Hard games to come against livvy and saints away. We could be getting dragged into a battle at the bottom again. Every season he leaves us with not enough players in certain positions and too many in others. I wonder if bringing back jim mcintyre would be a possibility? *tin helmet on*

AJ also said that Dunfermline were the better team. Not sure I agree with this.

IMO you played well, with high energy that unsettled United, and you knocked the ball about well until the final third. However, the only way to win football matches is to score goals, and penalty aside, (as well as Higgy's miss early on) you didn't really have  any clear cut chances, as can be seen from the (rightfully so) PARS focused highlights reel Banana so kindly put up. Whereas United were actually quite wasteful in front of goal, missing a good few clear cut opportunities.

Defensively at times you looked really shaky too... (not least for Fraser's goal)

For spells, I reckon Dunfermline edged the midfield battle, but again not throughout the 90 minutes.

As such, I don't know where he gets the better team line from - and IMO can be seen as a bit of a desperate line to defend a weakening position.*

*See Derek Adam's interview just before he got the bullet from Ross County, when he said his side dominated United despite our 30 shots in the game to his team's 4.  

3 minutes ago, MacArab said:

AJ also said that Dunfermline were the better team. Not sure I agree with this.

IMO you played well, with high energy that unsettled United, and you knocked the ball about well until the final third. However, the only way to win football matches is to score goals, and penalty aside, (as well as Higgy's miss early on) you didn't really have  any clear cut chances, as can be seen from the (rightfully so) PARS focused highlights reel Banana so kindly put up. Whereas United were actually quite wasteful in front of goal, missing a good few clear cut opportunities.

Defensively at times you looked really shaky too... (not least for Fraser's goal)

For spells, I reckon Dunfermline edged the midfield battle, but again not throughout the 90 minutes.

As such, I don't know where he gets the better team line from - and IMO can be seen as a bit of a desperate line to defend a weakening position.*

*See Derek Adam's interview just before he got the bullet from Ross County, when he said his side dominated United despite our 30 shots in the game to his team's 4.  

They won on fouls tbf.  Definitely the more physical side.

Imagine being seething about 4-4-2 after a game we didn't play it.

Archived