Ayr vs Albion

We go on...

The super Ayr are currently on a run on 5 consecutive league victories while our friends from Coatbridge haven’t won in 5 league games. It points to a comfortable Ayr victory but I can’t see it being a walk in the park especially if Crawford, Geggan and Boyle are all out. For some reason I’d like to see Forrest get a bit of game time. He was supposed to be one of our biggest players this season and was excellent in pre-season.

Think we’ll still win and by a couple of goals.

Hart

Reid

Rose

Higgins

Ferguson

McDaid

Adams

Docherty

Forrest

Moffat

Shankland

2-0

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can we leave out Moore?  16 goals and not even December.  Bonkers.

Still think we’re better off starting with a 4-4-2 then bringing him against tired legs. Mind you Albion Rovers haven’t been great of late so this might be the ideal game to unleash all 3.

Still think we’re better off starting with a 4-4-2 then bringing him against tired legs. Mind you Albion Rovers haven’t been great of late so this might be the ideal game to unleash all 3.

Gotta agree, must be safer to always have that option to bring on a 3rd striker

Would be interesting to see how Shankland and Moore get on as a duo, but still prefer Shankland and Moffat starting

2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

If Crawford & Geggan are out then I expect McCall to play all 3, I'd think it's getting to the point for him where he simply can't not start Moore anymore, especially after today, and the injuries make that decision a little bit easier for him.

50 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Crawford & Geggan are out then I expect McCall to play all 3, I'd think it's getting to the point for him where he simply can't not start Moore anymore, especially after today, and the injuries make that decision a little bit easier for him.

Totally agree

Hart

Reid Rose Higgins Fergusson

Doc Gilmour Adams 

Moffat

Moore Shankland

Subs: Avci, Waite, Faulds, Balfour, McDaid, Forrest, McGuffie 

That’s if we’re missing both Crawford and Geggan.

3-0 with all 3 strikers getting on the scoresheet.

We have only lost 1 game away from home in all competitions

3 of our away games we have scored 5 twice we have scored 4

We are conceeding alot of goals but are one of the top teams in europe for goals away from home. By not scoring less than 2 in an away game all season

Trouten currently on 18 goals in 18 games. Shields not far behind him.

Think we will do well and make it a really good game

The first of two back to back home games where we really should be taking 6/6. Albion Rovers are the only team in the league who I have yet to see this season, was at a family wedding so had to miss the opening day swording. AR were my and most others early tip for the drop but in fairness they started very well but seem to be faltering a bit now. Seem to be one of these sides that are capable of scoring lots of goals but also ship lots of goals.

McCall has a big decision to make with regards to formation and team selection. Does he start MSM or does he start Moore on the bench again? Personally I think we should be bold and start the 3 upfront. We're obviously missing Crawford and Geggan which perhaps makes McCall's decision easier.

I'd go:

Hart

Reid

Rose

Higgins

Ferguson

Adams

Docherty

Gilmour

Moffat

Moore

Shankland

Subs- Avci, Waite, Faulds, McDaid, McGuffie, Forrest, Murphy

Prediction- Can see this being high scoring and going to be bold and prediict a 4-3 win to Ayr. Moore with 2 and Moffat and Shankland with 1 each. Trouten getting a hattrick for AR.

Archived