Ayr vs Albion

3 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Was It not Sean Higgins that we had on loan from St Johnstone and lasted about 3 mins? Cracking finish tho. However, we won on a Baltic day out.

Had to shake my head a few times yesterday and that wasn’t at the product on the park. Sometimes Ayr fans are too busy bickering with each other than showing encouragement and support. Tbh I’d rather sit in the panda pen than listen to some of the drivel sprouted. 

I agree Trouten’s celebration was over the top but what was sang in response, was below the belt. A lot of people must forget that he was a good player for Ayr. 

It was the 2nd of December and not one rendition of Kilmarnock aid was belted out the SRE. “Feed the Killie, let them know it’s Christmas time”. Maybe it’s too early but one of my favourite Ayr songs. 

But if you sat in the panda pen, what would you have to moan about on the internet after the game?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

But if you sat in the panda pen, what would you have to moan about on the internet after the game?

Suppose you’ve got a point and I get it. It wasn’t a moan. Showing flaws provides constructive criticism. Thus why mates of mine stay away. 

42 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Was It not Sean Higgins that we had on loan from St Johnstone and lasted about 3 mins? Cracking finish tho. However, we won on a Baltic day out.

Had to shake my head a few times yesterday and that wasn’t at the product on the park. Sometimes Ayr fans are too busy bickering with each other than showing encouragement and support. Tbh I’d rather sit in the panda pen than listen to some of the drivel sprouted. 

I agree Trouten’s celebration was over the top but what was sang in response, was below the belt. A lot of people must forget that he was a good player for Ayr. 

It was the 2nd of December and not one rendition of Kilmarnock aid was belted out the SRE. “Feed the Killie, let them know it’s Christmas time”. Maybe it’s too early but one of my favourite Ayr songs. 

Calling someone a w****r is below the belt? Don’t think football is for you mate.

He was a talented player when he wanted to be but a total shitebag. 

I've got no issue with him celebrating against us but it was always going to bite him in the arse when we scored the winner.

I'm sure if you asked him he'd say that he's not surprised or bothered about it.

32 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He's got a point, though.

There's a particular group of fans who do little but embarrass themselves with some of the stuff they belt out. Anyone who goes to home games in a regular basis will know who they are, they always stand around the same places and - to be fair to them - they seem to be the only ones who regularly make an effort to get a sing-song going.

In saying that, 90% of the stuff they come out with portrays them as little more than a group of complete cretins.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Calling someone a w****r is below the belt? Don’t think football is for you mate.

Assuming you didn't hear the chants of "I hope you die in your sleep"?

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He's got a point, though.

There's a particular group of fans who do little but embarrass themselves with some of the stuff they belt out. Anyone who goes to home games in a regular basis will know who they are, they always stand around the same places and - to be fair to them - they seem to be the only ones who regularly make an effort to get a sing-song going.

In saying that, 90% of the stuff they come out with portrays them as little more than a group of complete cretins.

The point is well made, someone points it out every week.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The point is well made, someone points it out every week.

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Football for me? Like the ‘mate’ at the end of the comment which shows gratuity amongst fellow fans. 

Yes, calling a former player a w****ker,  is below the belt. I still get pelters for saying Mark Roberts is one of my all time favourite Ayr players. Crap manager but good player. Everybody is entitled to an opinion mate. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

So we should all just ignore the problem and hope it goes away?

If you want to rectify it I'm not sure what mentioning it on here once a week is going to accomplish, maybe try and be a bit more  proactive.

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Assuming you didn't hear the chants of "I hope you die in your sleep"?

Apologies, I didn’t. I heard the Alan Trouten yer a w****r chant straight after we went 3-2 up. I also didn’t see the NI flag, I really should pay more attention at the fitba :lol:

If you want to rectify it I'm not sure what mentioning it on here once a week is going to accomplish, maybe try and be a bit more  proactive.

You can't fix it. It's not just Ayr, every club has fans that spend 90 minutes talking shite but it's something that will always happen.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

You can't fix it. It's not just Ayr, every club has fans that spend 90 minutes talking shite but it's something that will always happen.

Exactly. This isn't a situation unique to Ayr, every club has it's minority of roasters. The only difference is they stick out a little more when you have a small support and they can't be drowned out.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apologies, I didn’t. I heard the Alan Trouten yer a w****r chant straight after we went 3-2 up. I also didn’t see the NI flag, I really should pay more attention at the fitba :lol:

There was someone else waving a Union Flag after the first goal anaw. It was all a bit surreal.

Or about as surreal as trip to Somerset gets anyway.

59 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wish he'd shown that fighting spirit in an Ayr jersey.

Only one thing is going to happen when the scoreline goes against you when you give it the billy big baws after scoring, never witnessed such a short goal celebration from the Ayr fans, getting stuck into Trouten was the preferred choice of most of the fans.

6 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I wish he'd shown that fighting spirit in an Ayr jersey.

Only one thing is going to happen when the scoreline goes against you when you give it the billy big baws after scoring, never witnessed such a short goal celebration from the Ayr fans, getting stuck into Trouten was the preferred choice of most of the fans.

EA53E5E1-66DF-4BC5-A707-1EA59EB80903.jpeg

Archived