Ayr vs Albion

Geggan and Crawford will be out for 2 weeks at least. Geggan has a calf problem and Crawford has a problem with his foot.

McCall now saying that Geggan could be out for 2-5 weeks but Crawford might be able to play Saturday.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

McCall now saying that Geggan could be out for 2-5 weeks but Crawford might be able to play Saturday.

Geggan has been struggling with this injury for the past couple of weeks and has been barely training between matches by all accounts. 

Think it has probably been made worse since he's had to play the last couple of games due to Adams being out.

Albion Rovers were by far the better team against us on the opening game of the season. The 4-1 scoreline flattered us, this game might not be as easy as some of my fellow fans think.

It’s a stretch to say they were the better team. They played ok but never created any clear cut chances until they were already 5-0 down.

3 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Albion Rovers were by far the better team against us on the opening game of the season. The 4-1 scoreline flattered us, this game might not be as easy as some of my fellow fans think.

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.  They had some good periods, but they looked most dangerous when 5-0 down and McCall maybe opened things up a bit too much with his 2nd half subs.  We got a break with the penalty when the goalkeeper patently won the ball, but aside from that we looked like we could score every time we went up the park.

All of which counts for nothing tomorrow, especially with Crawford and Geggan missing.

8 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.  They had some good periods, but they looked most dangerous when 5-0 down and McCall maybe opened things up a bit too much with his 2nd half subs.  We got a break with the penalty when the goalkeeper patently won the ball, but aside from that we looked like we could score every time we went up the park.

All of which counts for nothing tomorrow, especially with Crawford and Geggan missing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40761509

More possession, more corners.   We got the goals that counted.

Albion Rovers were by far the better team against us on the opening game of the season. The 5-1 scoreline flattered us, this game might not be as easy as some of my fellow fans think.

I agree it won't be easy.
5-1 perhaps flattered us (though we also missed a few very good chances) and Albion looked alright, but by far the better team? Yikes. That's Tom Hendrie levels of analysis

7 hours ago, Buckfast said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40761509

More possession, more corners.   We got the goals that counted.

Of those corners they had a grand total of 1 until they were 3 down and the game was over.  (0 - 1 = 1, 0 - 2 = 0, 0 - 3 = 4, 0 - 4 = 2, 0 - 5 = 2, 1 - 5 = 1) 

Anyway they are good on the road and seem to play a decent enough style, we aren't great at home so should be a decent watch.  

Jamie Adams hat trick, no goals for the strikers or Trouten. 

3 of the fans were that desperate to get to the game they have walked it. They left clifftonhill around midday yesterday and walked the 56 miles through the night raising £1500 for a 6 year old boy who has autism spectrum disorder.

Well done lads

Guys cab i just post this to congratulate the 3 albion rovers fans who walked from cliftonhill all the way to prestwick before todays game v Ayr to raise money for a 6 year old boy with autism spectrum disorder.

They arrived in prestwick about an hour ago after leaving clifftonhill at midday yesterday and walking the 50 odd mile trek through the night raising over £1500
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/albion-rovers-fans-walking-56-11616274

33 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

3 of the fans were that desperate to get to the game they have walked it. They left clifftonhill around midday yesterday and walked the 56 miles through the night raising £1500 for a 6 year old boy who has autism spectrum disorder.

Well done lads

Guys cab i just post this to congratulate the 3 albion rovers fans who walked from cliftonhill all the way to prestwick before todays game v Ayr to raise money for a 6 year old boy with autism spectrum disorder.

They arrived in prestwick about an hour ago after leaving clifftonhill at midday yesterday and walking the 50 odd mile trek through the night raising over £1500
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/albion-rovers-fans-walking-56-11616274

Hearing some fans may have walked, can anyone confirm? 

Archived