Lichties v Stranraer

3 minutes ago, keptie said:

It's ok we don't blame you 8) Great goal by McCord anyone know why he got took off?

McCord got booked. DC maybe needs to address that rule.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What was your last trip up to Gayfield again? The 1-0 defeat to Edinburgh City at home or something? Stay away emoji6.png

:( Aye it was. Since then 0-5 drubbing at Clyde, 1-0 at Forfar & title winning day at Stirling.

Maybe I'll keep quiet next time I'm in town. ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

McCord got booked. DC maybe needs to address that rule.

Didn't know that was a rule you get hooked if booked,definitely needs to change that without him in the 2nd half we created very little.

The better team won, simple as that. After McCord went off we had nothing creative to offer. We had maybe one shot at goal during the whole match but Stranraer had a shedful and Hutton kept the score down. Stranraer didn't resort to the hopeful high punt up the park as often as we did, their passing was so much better than ours when they kept the ball down and they were not afraid to have a shot from the edge or outside the box.

I said on a while ago that I wouldn't criticise Swankie again this season but he really only made up numbers again today. Why play players out of position, David Gold must be thinking he'll be handed the goalies jumper soon. 

Thought Hutton, Gold, O'Brien and Little were the best for us but thought Yule did well in an unfamiliar role and Henry worked hard. A disappointing afternoon and a poor way to drop three points.

The better team won, simple as that. After McCord went off we had nothing creative to offer. We had maybe one shot at goal during the whole match but Stranraer had a shedful and Hutton kept the score down. Stranraer didn't resort to the hopeful high punt up the park as often as we did, their passing was so much better than ours when they kept the ball down and they were not afraid to have a shot from the edge or outside the box.
I said on a while ago that I wouldn't criticise Swankie again this season but he really only made up numbers again today. Why play players out of position, David Gold must be thinking he'll be handed the goalies jumper soon. 
Thought Hutton, Gold, O'Brien and Little were the best for us but thought Yule did well in an unfamiliar role and Henry worked hard. A disappointing afternoon and a poor way to drop three points.

Yule has played centre half and right back plenty in his career, not just a centre mid. Golds played left back before too. Think today was just one of those days.

So arrived 10mins before ko coffee was awful as was the burnt steakpie. Decent game for a neutral Stranraer fully deserved their win, McIntosh was rubbish Swankie his usual invisible self thought the left back looked good. For Stranraer thought the baldy guy had a great game. 

Jamie Hammill

We seemed to breeze through the first 10 minutes or so, thought Stranraer looked really poor until our goal. At that point another goal would have killed the game.

Unfortunately seems our boys had the same thing in mind and thought they could coast. Second to every 50-50, and Stranraer simply wanted it far more than us. We were the poorest i've seen the team this season in the second half, with the exception of a 5 minute spell after the equaliser. Most gutting thing was the lack of fight from a lot of the players today.

TOB, Little and Gold did well, and i thought Hutton was excellent and really kept us in it. Thought Swankie was absolutely anonymous and looked uninterested throughout. Seemed to back out of every challenge, and gave up on every loose ball. Henry was decent defensively, but his decision making with the ball was really poor today. 

Tough run in the next 4 games, hopefully we can bounce back straight away next week. 

We were very poor today. Couldn't understand the subs. Getting over run on midfield yet brings Prunty on when the attackers weren't getting a look in. Baffling to say the least. Why not bring Hamilton on to partner Ricky and push TOB into midfield to win that battle. Anything but what we did.

To much long balls, especially in second half when McCord went off,  I agree his booking rule is crap and needs addressed, He gets booked because he gets stuck in and presses the defenders, Thought all the subs were wrong person off at wrong time yesterday, 

Saying all that Stranraer fully deserved there win, Cant believe we are still 3rd, crazy league 

53 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

To much long balls, especially in second half when McCord went off,  I agree his booking rule is crap and needs addressed, He gets booked because he gets stuck in and presses the defenders, Thought all the subs were wrong person off at wrong time yesterday, 

Saying all that Stranraer fully deserved there win, Cant believe we are still 3rd, crazy league 

Could kinda understand the booking rule if it was for dissent but just for a mistimed tackle or the like not agreeing with that although how many red cards have we had this season? 

Agree about the subs yesterday they just didn't work we never looked like scoring midfield was the problem. Stranraer were really up for it and clearly looking to avenge the earlier drubbing at Stair park and the fat goalie had the last laugh:) he was giving as good as he got.

11 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

We were very poor today. Couldn't understand the subs. Getting over run on midfield yet brings Prunty on when the attackers weren't getting a look in. Baffling to say the least. Why not bring Hamilton on to partner Ricky and push TOB into midfield to win that battle. Anything but what we did.

Absolutely. Swankie off, Hammy on at half time. Macintosh coming off and Prunty on was a complete mystery. Denholm was totally unfit and looked unhappy and tentative. No point in him coming on, and I hope it hasn't exacerbated his injury. I really hope for a big improvement ext week at ClifftonHell.

Archived