Lichties v Stranraer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to be wrong with my prediction , delighted to see young Turner get a start and a goal , what more does he have to do ?..

great start for the boy from Hearts too.

we must try and find some consistency if we are to climb the league , well done for today though 

Sometimes wonder why I make the trip up. Maybe I'm cursed!! Apologies.

Back to the game, as has been said 2nd to every ball, perhaps not even that. Lack of pressure put on Stranraer players, no energy & drive to win ball back. No real shots at goal to trouble chubby with, he could've been a weak link.

Only pass marks for me were Little, Gold & TOB.

Denholm didn't look fit to me.

Outplayed in every department. David Hutton our best player! Denholm didn't look fit and Leighton shouldn't have been subbed as he was our only real goal threat.

Yeah Hutton had a good game, kept the score down. Other than the goal did Belford have a save to make?

Missed Martin big time too I think, needed more bite and legs in midfield, if he can’t play next week id go back to a back 4 and play Hamilton and Gold full back.

Can’t win or play well every week but it’s a sore one when you get beat playing as bad as that. Started off well too, had a lot of the ball and Stranraer resorted to lumping it out the park, then the 10 minutes going into half time the game just changed. They got a grip of the game and we were chasing it.

Enjoy your journey home Stranraer fans. Imagine it’ll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Back to the game, as has been said 2nd to every ball, perhaps not even that. Lack of pressure put on Stranraer players, no energy & drive to win ball back. No real shots at goal to trouble chubby with, he could've been a weak link.

It's ok we don't blame you 8).

Yeah Stranraer looked to have way more energy than us and just seemed to want it more,didn't think Swankie was fit either made one decent pass all game and that was it. Would add Hutton to the players with pass marks would have been worse without his saves. Great goal by McCord anyone know why he got took off?

We never know what we're gonna get week to week certainly got what we deserved today.

What was your last trip up to Gayfield again? The 1-0 defeat to Edinburgh City at home or something? Stay away [emoji6]

Archived