St Mirren v Livingston - Winner Goes Top Edition

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd have rather not start with Carrick anyway though - he runs around like a headless chicken and has almost no first touch. Don't know why Todorov has gotten booked after being on the pitch for all of 5 seconds but he offers more than what Carrick does - the same with Mackin.

Toderov's first involvement was to elbow Baird in the face without even attempting to go for the ball. Could have been a straight red.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Rafa could control Gazza on a 5 day bender, I doubt he can't control a tackle :D When he came back to us last season I thought his tackles like that were bad, it's the way he goes in that looks bad but when you pay attention he's going in across the ground and trying to trap the ball with the side of his foot. It was a yellow card at worst, there was no danger of the player getting injured in it.

Considering he actually injured Smith in the tackle then I'm going to treat your opinion of what he can and cannot do with complete disregard.

It was a c**t of a tackle and he's a c**t.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Considering he actually injured Smith in the tackle then I'm going to treat your opinion of what he can and cannot do with complete disregard.

It was a c**t of a tackle and he's a c**t.

So, he was injured to the point of a good old jog with a limp for 5 seconds and then forget about it?

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Rafa could control Gazza on a 5 day bender, I doubt he can't control a tackle :D When he came back to us last season I thought his tackles like that were bad, it's the way he goes in that looks bad but when you pay attention he's going in across the ground and trying to trap the ball with the side of his foot. It was a yellow card at worst, there was no danger of the player getting injured in it.

Wow. What a load of drivel, even by P&B standards. Terrible tackle which clearly left  the player was injured and limping for the next 10 mins.

Just now, ATLIS said:

So, he was injured to the point of a good old jog with a limp for 5 seconds and then forget about it?

No, he was injured to the point where he hobbled around for the remaining 8 or 9 minutes and was clearly struggling to shake the effects of the 'tackle' off.

Just now, barrysnotter said:

Should have been a straight red.

Livi should have ended the game with 9 men. 

:D We'll have the bubble wrap left in the away dressing room for when you're back up against us then eh?

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Penalty looked pretty soft to me too. Probably one that is technically correct, but not usually given. No doubt there will be some inconclusive highlights along shortly anyway so we can argue about it for the rest of the week.

As I said earlier we can’t comment until we see highlights as we are at the other end of the park but we did comment just before hand that a soft penalty was coming, the ref duly delivered, the crowd was starting to get to him that was clear. 

If it was for a shirt pull there was a couple of clear shirt pulls on our player in the box throughout the game, as you say not usually given by referees.

Thoroughly deserved victory tonight. Our one touch passing & movement at times was excellent to watch.

Morgan & McGinn stand out of the lot for me, both were a cut above the rest.

Penalty decision looked very suspect but would need to see it again.

Another very winnable game to come on Saturday.

COYS

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yes, it's the basic all strikers should do. What else does he offer?

Never get this argument, a striker is there to score goals, he’s scored tonight. 

Fwiw as I say I think he contributed far more, think he puts in a power of Work, closing down and hassling defenders making them work hard, a couple of St Mirren fans have commented as such.

Just a couple weeks ago people moaned about Mackin’s lack of work rate, now it’s all Carrick does.

The boy was completely fine after the yellow card came out, he done that fake "need to pretend I'm hurt because of my reaction" walk that every footballer does for about 5 seconds and was fine after that.

The ref got that one right, booking at the most.

No complaints from that.

Thought we were unlucky to be a goal down half time and reckoned we'd bring it back. Never really looked in doubt after the equaliser.

Onwards and upwards, best I've seen us play in weeks (missed Inverness) which is promising considering the sort of slumber we've been in. default_smile.png

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Tears and snotters from every one of the Livi fans who were in attendance...all 14 of you. Thug team and no fans...just accept the facts and slither away.

Nice to see St Mirren fans staying the same, can only count on your fingers ;) 

A solid 180 in attendance, supporting their team just as you do.

Have to say that's the first defeat I've come away from and not thought we could've got something from the game and  were unlucky, St Mirren outplayed us and were very good moving the ball around, at one point we were chasing shadows for about 10 mins and couldn't get near them as they brought the ball out of defence, up to our box and then got a thow in and started all over again. Dunno how the feck the ball didn't go in our net when it hit the post and rolled along the goal line and then out for a corner. At that point I was thinking our luck was going that well we're going to win this but 2nd half after they scored I feared the worst. Best team we've played against, vertainly improved a lot since the first twice we played them.

Can't complain too much about our players, they put in a good effort and made a couple of decent runs into the box but missed the final ball into the 6 yard box, if Cadden or Pittman's cross had found a Livi player we might have knocked the wind out off St Mirren's sails and had a chance of getting something but as I've said, no complaints at the result. Pity all the goals were scored up the other end though, couldn't really see what the feck was happening for any of them other than when it was in the net, or what happened for the penalty.

Still not bad being on 3 points from QoS and St Mirren, as long as we take another 3 from Falkirk it'll have been a decent haul from our 3 games this week.

If we are brilliant, if we aren’t but stay up brilliant too, just enjoying watching this team run themselves into the ground for us, we may not have the most skilful bunch of players but boy do they work hard in every game. 

Said that to my mate. Some teams may be more gifted than Livi but if they're not prepared for a hard shift, they'll come a cropper. Living can also play a bit too and good pace on the break

The boy was completely fine after the yellow card came out, he done that fake "need to pretend I'm hurt because of my reaction" walk that every footballer does for about 5 seconds and was fine after that.
The ref got that one right, booking at the most.

He definitely wasn't fine after it. Struggled on and I thought jack should have replaced them. Think the tackle comes in between the yellow/ red category. Just depends which ref on how it goes. No real complaints for me

Archived