St Mirren v Livingston - Winner Goes Top Edition

Hope the lads are up for the fight. Was down at the stadium this morning playing on the astro pitch and they were having some sort of a light training session to keep them sharp. Could be a very tight game. If we hit our stride and play as good as we can then I can see us edge it 2-1.

Mon the Livi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

It's happened twice mate Morton and Dunfermline very poor games for us however Jack Ross gets the team to learn from these games for me anyway. No team has the right to run away with the league like Hibs did last season it's a tight league but I have seen enough to know we will be serious challengers when we are good we are really good. Tue game will be tight I expect both teams to score for me Saints have the better fire power for this game.

Not being funny but that's exactly what a  QoS fan said on here before we played them and won 3-0, it's an omen I tell ye, we're winning this game. 

On 11/26/2017 at 00:59, Demented Zebra said:

Should be a cracker of a game and nice to read Livie fans have their tails up for good reason. However we are very strong at home and have a point to prove we want to go up as champions the squad is strong now stronger than it's been in any part of the season. 

I think the probable first 11 is stronger now than when we lost to Livingston in the Betfred.  If we play the team that started on Saturday, the entire back 4 would be different - Smith, Davis,  Baird and Eckersley instead of Stelios, Irvine, Buchanan and McKenzie. Plus we'd have Magennis in for the "outfield" Stewart. 

While that's a stronger side, it is still all about whether we have the guile to break Livingston down and a lot of that will rest on the "upgrade" from Stewart to Magennis and the increased number of talented players in midfield as a result.

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not being funny but that's exactly what a  QoS fan said on here before we played them and won 3-0, it's an omen I tell ye, we're winning this game. 

You won't but we will soon see who ends up with the bragging rights after the game clearly both teams will at least be in the play off's.

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Is there a gate for scrounging students?

Don't fancy paying £20 to freeze tbh.

I'm asking the same, think it's £10 for home fans that are students

If not I'm cutting my legs off from the knee down and going as a 15 year old

Just now, ATLIS said:

I'm asking the same, think it's £10 for home fans that are students

If not I'm cutting my legs off from the knee down and going as a 15 year old

Saw that as well and wondered if they've just forgot to put it in the away section or if away fans don't get student prices.

Will definitely be trying to get through if it's not costing me £20 :lol: 

I don’t think anyone with a Livingston perspective are under any elusions here, St Mirren will be favourites for this game regardless of past records, they beat us comfortably earlier in the season despite having 10 men. 

Regardless of the result I’m very happy with how the season is going so far, I was targeting 4 points from these 3 games, that was a win against Falkirk and a draw against QoS, winning at the weekend was a boost and gives us a free go at St Mirren tomorrow night imo. 

Looking forward to seeing the team test themselves against one of the favourites for the league. 

A draw would be an excellent result for us, given how great a start St Mirren have made. The win isn't beyond us but it'll certainly be two sides right up for it.

As long as we don't play Longridge at CB like last time we're in with a shout.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I don’t think anyone with a Livingston perspective are under any elusions here, St Mirren will be favourites for this game regardless of past records, they beat us comfortably earlier in the season despite having 10 men. 

Regardless of the result I’m very happy with how the season is going so far, I was targeting 4 points from these 3 games, that was a win against Falkirk and a draw against QoS, winning at the weekend was a boost and gives us a free go at St Mirren tomorrow night imo. 

Looking forward to seeing the team test themselves against one of the favourites for the league. 

I was targeting 7, but i'll no be too upset if we get 9.

A draw tomorrow would give us the same amount of points that we finished with in 14/15. Granted, we were deducted 5 points but still, that is an amazing turnaround given all the shite that has happened the past 3/5/10/25 years (delete as appropriate).

I said 30 points before Christmas would've done me quite nicely, no reason why we can't get there I think.

Just now, Afro said:

A draw tomorrow would give us the same amount of points that we finished with in 14/15. Granted, we were deducted 5 points but still, that is an amazing turnaround given all the shite that has happened the past 3/5/10/25 years (delete as appropriate).

I said 30 points before Christmas would've done me quite nicely, no reason why we can't get there I think.

ooft, 5 games to get 5 points, dunno Afro it's a big ask. 

Seriously though, St Mirren and Dundee Utd away will be tough games where a point from both of them would be good, and Dumbarton away wont be easy either, but Falkirk and Morton at home should be games we're looking to take full points from, as we've beaten them both twice already and seem to have the beating of them, all hard games tbh, and we have to be at our best to take anything from any game.

Three home games out our next 4 with Brechin away in between. Need to take full advantage before a really tough festive period. 

Livingston seem to be motoring along nicely so I'm sure we aren't under estimating them. I'll go with a narrow saints win.

Years gone by I've got more and more frustrated seeing the likes of Darren Cole on the park losing game for us.

Massive difference now, we could go out there tomorrow and get pumped 5-0 and I'd still clap the team off and be proud of them. It's a team now that actually care about the club and there's a mutual feeling between the players and fans right now, you can see on twitter some of the jokes being slung about between fans and players. Generally just a good bit of banter, I'm under no illusion though - the majority will more than likely leave in the near future.

I'm honestly just happy we're stable right now, and the fact we've got a good team out on the park is a huge bonus. I'm making the most of this while it lasts because I'm fearful a few will be gone come January.

That being said, we can definitely win this and go top. Massive fighting spirit in this team and looks to be a decent support travelling through for them given it's a midweek game.

Looking forward to tonight should be a tough game Livi have done fantastic so far and while everyone has been talking about the usual suspect Livi have been quietly chipping away and in the league!!

Let's hope the home form continues and we finally get a home win in a saints livi game!!

Got a cheeky couple of quid on Harry Davis to score first at 28/1. he's been back a couple of games now, I reckon it's only a matter of time before he notches. He's also on at 10/1 any time scorer.

Bet365 clearly knows something I don't, mind: it's got Darryl Duffy as favourite to score a goal at any point. :blink:

Archived