St Mirren v Livingston - Winner Goes Top Edition

Let's get right into this game - massive for both sides and I'm already excited.

St Mirren winning 2-0 today with us winning 3-0 will mean both sides go into this high on confidence

Roll on a Hopkin masterclass!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this, who’d have thought a win for us here would send us top of the league at the start of the season ? 

Tough Tough game though, St Mirren a good side with lots of fire power up top, we will need to be at our very best to take anything from the game despite the record books pointing in our favour. 

I’d be very very happy to take a point from this game, take us a point further clear of the teams below us and keep us within touching distance of St Mirren heading into a home game against Falkirk.

Hoppy has already said he will be utilising the squad this week so be interesting to see how we line up here, think Todorov and either Carrick or Cadden up top to replace Mackin and De Vita ? Mullen unlikely to be fit for this either I’m told. 

Apart from that can’t really see us changing a whole lot else. 

37 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The home team never wins apparently.

Plz.

Yep, so a cert it'll be a draw then, which wont do us much good, but would still put St Mirren top of the league on GD.

Was disappointed with us a few weeks back when we had the chance to go top but played not to lose and drew with ICT, but can see us doing the same again, hopefully we nick a goal like we didn in our Betfred cup game and grind out a 1-0 win.

Looking forward to this game as we hopefully get another home win that sees us regain pole position.

Livingston have done exceptionally well this season and will give us a severe test. Fortunately we aren't the same team that they bullied in the league cup earlier in the season.

At home I would back us to win against anyone in this division.

Looking forward to this game as we hopefully get another home win that sees us regain pole position.
Livingston have done exceptionally well this season and will give us a severe test. Fortunately we aren't the same team that they bullied in the league cup earlier in the season.
At home I would back us to win against anyone in this division.

Unfortunately for St Mirren our best form is away.

I think there's been some sort of satanic ritual performed between St Mirren and Livi where neither of us can lose an away game against one another, it'll be a Livi win or a draw, if St Mirren win they'll go straight to hell for breaking their sacred blood oath.

16 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Should be a cracker of a game and nice to read Livie fans have their tails up for good reason. However we are very strong at home and have a point to prove we want to go up as champions the squad is strong now stronger than it's been in any part of the season. 

That's good, so no coming on here with any excuses about how pish you were and how you must've had an off day if we beat you, it's getting tedious now the amount of times opposition fans keep doing that after we beat them..

That's good, so no coming on here with any excuses about how pish you were and how you must've had an off day if we beat you, it's getting tedious now the amount of times opposition fans keep doing that after we beat them..

Yeah tell us how good your team is then moan how shite you've played when we pump you seems to work for most teams.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pfft. Opposition fans and managers have been doing that with us for about the same length of time as Livi have existed. 

Wee fat Robbo is adamant we haven't beaten Caley this season despite the results showing a 4-2 and a 2-0 win. 

We get the exact same we never beat Caly yesterday it was the officials.

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's happened twice mate Morton and Dunfermline very poor games for us however Jack Ross gets the team to learn from these games for me anyway. No team has the right to run away with the league like Hibs did last season it's a tight league but I have seen enough to know we will be serious challengers when we are good we are really good. Tue game will be tight I expect both teams to score for me Saints have the better fire power for this game.

Archived