Today's Scores

Auld Heid

One thing you learn is never predict winning cups especially the Scottish.Its a damn hard trophy to win as we have found out to our peril many a time.

Agreed as it's the hardest trophy of all to win , a league is over the whole season but the Scottish is so hard to win and it takes some doing , best to slip under the radar and see how you get on , it's not a trophy for bragging about winning from the outset as you can come unstuck on any given day

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Vale 2-3 Bonnyrigg FT. Some effort from Vale playing over an hour with 10 men. Never out of it.

Bonnyrigg seem to make really heavy work of these ties. All credit to VOL, thought the first red card might have been harsh.

15 hours ago, superpollok said:

A proper cup tie today. Glasgow Perthshire deserve to be still in the cup, we didn't do enough to deserve to win.

Another game and another 2 penatly misses.

Hard to call when you have colours nailed to the mast, but, trust me, as a neutral, I can honestly say I doubt many at any level saw a better game than this one yesterday. Well worth the trip from London and back that this oddball makes to watch the Juniors each week. Perthshire may well get soundly beaten next week, but I doubt anyone who saw this would deny them the right to a second game.  Hope some  who don't go to the juniors regularly went to this...they'd be back for more for sure,, if they did. As you say, a proper cup tie!

Archived