Today's Scores

Auld Heid

44 minutes ago, Bruno marsbar said:

Shire 3/3 pollok ft

Shire no 5 red carded & penalty saved last minute 

A proper cup tie today. Glasgow Perthshire deserve to be still in the cup, we didn't do enough to deserve to win.

Another game and another 2 penatly misses.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forde in the first half and Sideserf in the last minute.
Two weeks ago Little and Rowan missed in the same game v Royal Albert

You need to give a bit of credit to the Shire keeper who saved both penalties and also the rebound from the first one.

35 minutes ago, Village elder said:

watched the boness v kilwinning game as a neutral .the ayrshire mobsters were not even remotely close .faultless display from the boness starting 11 .

Agreed. Kilwinning were pedestrian and only troubled their keeper once, right at the death.

Kilwinning were absolutely honking from start to finish. Forward line of Boylan, Winters and Nisbett contributed nothing and the usual discipline issues cost them. Taking off McGuinness instead of Frye was strange as well. Thought Bo'ness were superb and right up for it. Centre halves won everything and No's 7, 9, 10 and 11 were all brilliant on the day. Could easily have been 5 or 6-0 or even more. Enjoyed the day out at Bo'ness. Proper Junior Football venue.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It took a deflection.

I have no idea what you mean by that. There was nothing wrong with the taking of the free kick, as it was tapped to another player, whose shot at goal went in. Whether it was deflected or not on the way is therefore irrelevant.

I was indicating that I thought the awarding of the free kick was in error, as I'd mistakenly assumed it was for Jordan carrying the ball out of the penalty area (which he hadn't). In fact it was given for picking up the ball again after releasing it, so was actually one of Mr Haswell's all-too-few correct decisions during the match!

Spoiler  
Referee  had a nightmare and Shire had a stonewaller penalty not given

Assume you are talking about when Wharton tackled the guy and the ball clearly went in a different direction.

Hard tackle, but never a penalty.

But agree Haswell was his usual inconsistent self, some bad tackles flying in and then books players for nothing.

Not sure what happened with Both sending offs, but assume he was spoken back to and would have been desperate to get the card out.

28 minutes ago, HonestMan1988 said:

Did the Buffs get put out the Scottish today?? Surprising considering the fella Boyd on their committee released a statement earlier on in the season on how they were going to win the Scottish. emoji15.png

did he? what a banger.

Archived