Spiritual Home- where do you class as "home"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in Larbert but almost immediately, was spirited away to England by the people who claim to be my parents. Lived in Cumbria until I was in my late 20's, then bopped around the world for a couple of years before ending up in Phoenix, Arizona. Ugh.

Moved to Colorado in 2002 and can't imagine living anywhere else now.

Born in Bellshill, lived in various parts of Lanarkshire, but I moved to Kirkcaldy when I was 17. Moved away from Kirkcaldy at 25, then back when I was 38.

Kirkcaldy is home. It could be worse.

if i had a choice between Bellshill and Kircaldy it would be the former linoleum capital of the world everytime.

15 yrs wales
12 yrs Aberdeen
8yrs between aberdeen and da's oil postings
4 yrs embra
2 yrs in third world country of birth

Family origins in Fife

I tell people I'm mostly from Aberdeen. I don't sound aberdonian.

Can't honestly say that I'm from anywhere or feel like any where is home. Apart from my house obvs.

I don't think that's a bad thing.

Ayr.

I left when I was 17 - and like many folk I only started to really appreciate my home town when I left.

Very true. I left Fife at 18. Glad I did but also wish I moved back when I had the chance a couple of years ago.

Brought up in  small village called Rosneath which I have many amazing childhood memories of. Going back is not the same though and I'd probably never visit if my relatives didn't still live there.

Moved to Crieff when I was 10 and still spend a lot of time there but I will always tell people I'm a Rosneath girl despite no one knowing where the f**k it is.

Born in Perth and lived in Perth since. Apart from a 6 month spell outside Crieff when I was 4.

My girlfriend wants us to move to Glasgow as she’s originally from there, but I’m happy in Perth.

Born in Dundee
Lived in Grangemouth for a few years until we moved to Edinburgh for a few months before going overseas to Singapore for 3 years.
From there to Plymouth for about a year.
Back to Grangemouth ( via short spells in London and Edinburgh ) for a good number of years.
Been in Canada over 10 years now so i regard this as home for now.... but Grangemouth will always be my true home and probably end up back there sometime in the future.

Originally from Kennoway/Leven in Fife, lived in Edinburgh for coming up for 7 years now since I moved for studying/work. Probably still consider Fife as "home" but I spend so little time there these days that I'm not so sure. Parents have moved house a few times since I've left so it's not like I've got some emotional attachment to a specific first house. 

Born in Greenock and lived there for 27 years.

Moved in 1999 to Largs when I finally got a full time post (in Ayr).

Moved in 2008 to Troon (at the request of my now ex-wife) as the ever-rising petrol prices were crippling the monthly budget.

Been here ever since. The Ayrshire counties are weird, plus I stand out on account of only having the 10 fingers.

Archived