ICT v Brechin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Layne the fall guy it looks like from the outside looking in.

Exactly.  It has been that way for decades  at Brechin.  There has to be one that a few have it in for.   

He was superb against United on Saturday .  Obviously he is a confidence player . Last night all around him were seemingly gash as well so the confidence was bound to be lacking. 

Exactly.  It has been that way for decades  at Brechin.  There has to be one that a few have it in for.   
He was superb against United on Saturday .  Obviously he is a confidence player . Last night all around him were seemingly gash as well so the confidence was bound to be lacking. 

Ive not seen any of your games live but I’ve watched highlights a lot. It’s not like the rest of the team are creating loads of chances for him, not their fault either by the way they’re up against it this year.

So seems very harsh having a go at him, maybe because one of your better players over the years Jackson is out injured there’s people imagining he’d be some sort of massive difference, so Layne gets the blame for being in the position he would be playing.

I dunno, but seems that way. Same at Arbroath sometimes, although we’re all struggling for one this season, well it’s David Hutton by a mile but dunno what’ll happen when Ricky Gomes gets back in. Greeting faced fans won’t know what to do. [emoji1]

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Layne is a decent enough player, he's strong and motivated and hold's his own and imo  a good box player, problem is you play him up front on his own and he was well contained by Mackay, Raven and Collinson, what you need is an equally strong midfielder immediately behind him, not Graham as he is good on the wing, I liked Maclennan last night and he's big enough to fit the bill, or Watt who is also capable of holding his own.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Layne is a decent enough player, he's strong and motivated and hold's his own and imo  a good box player, problem is you play him up front on his own and he was well contained by Mackay, Raven and Collinson, what you need is an equally strong midfielder immediately behind him, not Graham as he is good on the wing, I liked Maclennan last night and he's big enough to fit the bill, or Watt who is also capable of holding his own.

Andy Jackson is on his way back.   Hopefully he will fit the bill

Isaac was poor at the start of season and was certainly not the same player we had on loan he was extremely greedy and lazy . But since he got his chance he's been playing well .But unfortunately some fans can t let go of his poor start . Folk should remember he's up against full timers every week . He s certainly not the worst player in recent weeks

9 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Isaac was poor at the start of season and was certainly not the same player we had on loan he was extremely greedy and lazy . But since he got his chance he's been playing well .But unfortunately some fans can t let go of his poor start . Folk should remember he's up against full timers every week . He s certainly not the worst player in recent weeks

So its OK for you to slag off Love every chance you get but anyone who has an opinion about Layne is not allowed this ? 

Fair point .I ve only put it across the way I see it .
I don t slag off Ally Love every week as he does nt feature to slag off . I went off him at Brechin Vics friendly his attitude towards Isaac was pathetic. Then his sending off against Queens needless when we were on top and chasing the game . Personally I think this leagues just too strong for him whilst others have stepped up the best they can he's struggled. But hey his goal against Dons pre season Goal of the season for me . As for Isaac you can surely see he's upped his game and if it were nt for some hellish luck and great goalkeeping he d have a few more goals .

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Well the way I see it Issac is a bit of flair player with not a lot of flair this year, but has improved greatly last few weeks, but still does not work hard enough off the ball and has to relize its a team game.

All the reporters and the majority of supporters who were there  , including United fans , saw how well he played last week and how much a thorn he was is United's side.   You must have been in that crazy corner where a few were literally losing the plot .  Quite easy for your judgement to be swayed in there !  :lol:

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

All the reporters and the majority of supporters who were there  , including United fans , saw how well he played last week and how much a thorn he was is United's side.   You must have been in that crazy corner where a few were literally losing the plot .  Quite easy for your judgement to be swayed in there !  :lol:

You must have been busy going round the 2600  people that were there asking their opinion:rolleyes:  I remember seeing some bam losing the plot last year with our centre forward at a couple of games ring any bells:whistle :lol:

Archived