ICT v Brechin

2 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Looks like we ve went up to defend like hell . Can t comment as not there but I don t think Euan Smiths match fit . He was slow to everything on Saturday. . I may be 100 % wrong.Buzz is needing to lose a pound or two still a great keeper though

Willie Dire hooked at long last.  Lynas on .    

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I m a Dyer fan . Ha ha don t mind him . He went off injured

Don't think so , according to folk there he was just hooked.   

Between Dire and Buzz' s  mistakes we have shipped a hell of a lot of goals .    The first 2 tonight were seemingly clangers  and the 3rd was from another corner. 

7 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye I get yer point . But I also think against the better teams Dyers done well . I feel sorry for young Sparky he's more a midfielder. We could also play O Neill who's never let us down .

Dyer gets caught on the ball too many times, even against the big teams.   He is too slow now  and his distribution is on the whole quite poor.   90 % of the time the ball just comes right back at us when he tries to clear. 

Don't honestly know why Lynas has dropped out of favour.  His commitment is second to none. 

Buzz one of the problems 1st 2 he was to blame doesn’t come for crosses n Euan n him for the second the 3rd another he could do better so don’t get the good keeper bit at all his distributions are at a want as well. Listened and read all the wash about Isaac too the boys not got it I’ve said before Watty looks overweight tonight I stand by that, it was woeful tonight. 1 step forward and 5 back not good enough.we can make all the excuses we want but that was bad tonight

Surely nobody can deny Buzz has been fucking shite this season. Don't get me wrong, been a quality keeper the last few years but this season he's chucking in goals left right and centre. We need a half decent stopper to keep him on his toes.

As for Dyer, his over reliance on one foot means he needs more time on the ball which you don't get at this level. Time for him to be punted out the team as well.

Plenty of hungry young players like Lynas more deserving of a chance.

There we go again Isaac has scored 2 goals against Buckie end of. Please let’s all be honest he brings nothing to the team.Dods got it all wrong tactically like most weeks so if we add it all together it’s bloody poor and a very hard watch

Matter of opinion. I guess but there's no one better and there ain t gonna be anyone better . Club won an unexpected promotion and did nt have funds to back it up . They ve made it clear this season's all about tidying up finances. There were always gonna be games like tonight. I m a bit puzzled that Caley are only team who keep pumping us though. It means Darrens learned nothing in the 3 games against them . That's a wee concern . Never mind Morton away St Mirren home Falkirk away Dunfermline away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] .. Merry Xmas

There we go again Isaac has scored 2 goals against Buckie end of. Please let’s all be honest he brings nothing to the team.Dods got it all wrong tactically like most weeks so if we add it all together it’s bloody poor and a very hard watch

Pretty sure he scored a peach against the bridiemunchers.

First of all well done to the handful of Brechin  fans who made the drive up.

It was to all intents and purposes a one sided game due I think to Rice and Kellacher attending the Buckie match, the proof of that was that their best player Graham was snuffed out and controlled at every turn, Watt was quiet and subbed and Layne up front on his own was easily contained, I can't think why Dods decided to sub McLennan as for me he was the one threat when he had the ball anywhere near our goal.

As for us it was good to see the four goals all from open play from four players, MoM for me  was  Carl Tremarco as his interplay with Doran in the 80th minute was class and I wish we would start Doran more often these days, Polworth gave a lot of effort but he had some wayward passes as did Mulraney, nice to see him beating four defenders but sadly once again no real end result, and for feck sakes all this passing back and forth midfield is frustrating it's like they don't know what to do half the time.

Criticism aside it was in the end a very good team effort  illustrated by four goals from four players, and now I can tell my grandchildren that I lived to see Baird score. 

Archived