Jon Venables

1 hour ago, supermik said:

There is a very, very credible rumour going around that he was living in the Niddrie area of Edinburgh when he was arrested.

He probably wanted to go back to prison if that was the case......

There is a very, very credible rumour going around that he was living in the Niddrie area of Edinburgh when he was arrested.

Surely a “credible rumour” is a bit of an oxymoron? Made all the less credible by it coming from Niddrie.

On 08/02/2018 at 21:31, Dee Man said:

I was speaking to a guy a few years ago who was adamant that Maxine Carr was living in Carstairs Village. Great story.

I saw a Facebook post today of a montage of pictures from a guy who claimed they were all recent pics of Jon Venables and urging people to share them far and wide. It's amazing how many people are prepared to share photos like that without one bit of proof or for any concern for the individual if it is a case of mistaken identity which has happened at least once before regarding Bulger's killers. 

A few years ago, a rumour went round Inverness that Maxine Carr had moved into a house in the area. Cue people spreading the address on Facebook, and a rake of fucking mouth breathers turning up, smashing her windows. It was just a random lassie who had moved up here and looked f**k all like her. Utter fucking cretins with f**k all to do in there schemie, pointless fat lives.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows
Spelling

37 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

A few years ago, a rumour went round Inverness that Maxine Carr had moved into a house in the area. Cue people spreading the address on Facebook, and a rake of fucking mouth breathers turning up, smashing her widows. It was just a random lassie who had moved up here and looked f**k all like her. Utter fucking cretins with f**k all to do in there schemie, pointless fat lives.

Did she collect them?

Didn't the News of the World once do a front page collage of paedophiles living in various communities a few years back? There were a few cases of folk getting shit as a result of mistaken identity iirc

These are the same losers you see banging on the sides of prison vans outside courts in high profile cases.

9 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Didn't the News of the World once do a front page collage of paedophiles living in various communities a few years back? There were a few cases of folk getting shit as a result of mistaken identity iirc

These are the same losers you see banging on the sides of prison vans outside courts in high profile cases.

Yeh, a load of vigilantes down in Portsmouth smashed up a Pediatricians office due to their dyslexia. 

15 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I know a police officer who was working in the North of Scotland around that time and that campaign caused significant problems for them - mistaken identities, misidentified people etc.

I hadn't heard the Maxine Carr Inverness story, I had heard one of a similar case in Wick.  When I was living in Inverness after University a Scouser started working in the pub that me and my mates all drank in, he just moved up to the area on his own and it did occur to me that he could've been one of Thompson/Venables.  I don't think it was though, think he wasn't the right age.

I hadn't heard the Maxine Carr Inverness story, I had heard one of a similar case in Wick.  When I was living in Inverness after University a Scouser started working in the pub that me and my mates all drank in, he just moved up to the area on his own and it did occur to me that he could've been one of Thompson/Venables.  I don't think it was though, think he wasn't the right age.

I have heard she was in Wick as well, maybe it’s too obvious to send her to the furthest away point in the U.K. to where she was before?

As for the guy that you thought may be Thompson/Venables, I hope you smashed his windows in just to be on the safe side.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have heard she was in Wick as well, maybe it’s too obvious to send her to the furthest away point in the U.K. to where she was before?

As for the guy that you thought may be Thompson/Venables, I hope you smashed his windows in just to be on the safe side.

And his "widows", too. You can never be too careful.

• 11 months later...
41 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've always wondered ... how is a global ban on revealing their new identities enforced?  

Baws chopped off and flushed doon the lavvy in all countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47012067

Read that the other day. I don't understand why folk are signing a petition. It's not going to glorify the actions of the little b*****ds. If it's an area directors aren't allowed to venture into then it shuts down a lot of films/series'.