Stranraer v rovers

13 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I heard a rumour in the pub it was a buisseness decision from the club as they had ppl in hospitality at £65 a head and didnt want to have to give them money back

Apparantly the game against raith there were a whole load in hospitality and they couldnt afford to knock them back

Yeah and we got knocked out the Scottish Cup last week, deliberately so we can play the rearranged Raith fixture on our free Saturday to get even more hospitality revenue.  

Local SFA official deemed the pitch playable at 10 am, referee deemed it unplayable at 2pm.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Sounds legit.

Referees call games off, not clubs.

Yeah, I don't think there's any blame attached to Stranraer for this. You got a referee out before Rovers boarded the bus to head down and he deemed it playable; that's how the system is meant to work in cases where there is any doubt at all about a playing surface, although it clearly has never been a 100% successful system.

3 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Yeah, I don't think there's any blame attached to Stranraer for this. You got a referee out before Rovers boarded the bus to head down and he deemed it playable; that's how the system is meant to work in cases where there is any doubt at all about a playing surface, although it clearly has never been a 100% successful system.

The voice of reason, as always. My grouse is: how did the 10am inspector regard the pitch as playable? See tuckersloan's posts above. I travelled always doubting that Stranraer would be much different from South Ayrshire which was covered in ice.

Just now, Bold Rover said:

The voice of reason, as always. My grouse is: how did the 10am inspector regard the pitch as playable? See tuckersloan's posts above. I travelled always doubting that Stranraer would be much different from South Ayrshire which was covered in ice.

That we'll never know, and I absolutely take your point above on accountability.

As far as I know, these guys aren't asked to justify their decisions after the fact, and there is no assessor of pitch inspectors.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

It is ..... how the pitch looking guys

Not sure the state of the pitch as couldn't make the game on Saturday. Don't think there are any concerns at the minute. Pretty mild down here at the minute and not been too much rain.

I don't have a grudge against Stranraer but.......always pleased to see Hamill on the losing side.

Terrible specimen for a footballer.

Never forget the cheat at Stark's a few years ago feigning a non existent head butt, right in front of the home support, to get Dougie Hill sent off.

Cheating at it worst, compounded by the fact Hearts went on to win that day on penalties...mon the Albion!!:thumsup2

I don't have a grudge against Stranraer but.......always pleased to see Hamill on the losing side.
Never forget the cheat at Stark's a few years ago feigning a non existent head butt, right in front of the home support, to get Dougie Hill sent off.
Cheating at it worst, compounded by the fact Hearts went on to win that day on penalties...mon the Albion!!:thumsup2
He got booked for shouting at the ref

8 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
18 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

He got booked for shouting at the ref

Just hope he does it again before the end of the match,,karma is a b****!!

34 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

And again 2-1 vers that man trouten 21 in 20 for him

I took him at 40s for top scorer at the start of the season. Hopefully he can fire the Vers up the table :thumsup2

Very poor from Stranraer tonight , thought Rovers played well and our keeper kept us in the game although we did finish the stronger , in my option we have too many slow / tired looking players . Hamil, Barron and Bell were all poor and I lost count of the number of mistakes they made , add to that Robertson playing at left back where he struggles , Thompson invisible etc etc 

what our manager was thinking with the first sub is a mystery , Liam Dick should have been straight back in at left back but looks like everyone gets shuffled about to give Hamil a game ???

im told we were even poorer v Forfar although we eventually won 3-0.  Very poor tonight and we really need to look at a change in personnel on the pitch . 

Archived