Rainbow Laces Campaign

Cosmic Joe

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

52% of young  LGBT have self harmed.

44% of young LGBT have considered suicide 

You're making a strong case for these being mental disorders, and at a rate well beyond the average population.

Bigot.

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Around 40% of the world's population live in countries where people can be prosecuted for their sexual orientation; and hundreds of millions of people where homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty. 

You're allowed to use the word 'Islam'. Noone will think any less of you for wanting to protect your gay friends and family here in the UK and across the West. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've always thought that to save cash strapped councils money they should allocate just one day a year for parades. So you could have Orange Marches being followed by Gay Pride. It would make a wonderful spectacle for the tourists.  

Will be confusing as f*ck for tourists though to see balding men dressed all colourful with a stick. Can see some kid asking ‘Daddy,  why do these angry gays hate catholics?’

30 minutes ago, banana said:

You're allowed to use the word 'Islam'. Noone will think any less of you for wanting to protect your gay friends and family here in the UK and across the West. :rolleyes:

Plenty of predominantly Christian countries have laws against homosexuality.  It is banned in the majority of Christian sub-Saharan African countries and several Caribbean countries.  It is also banned in a number Hindu and Buddhist countries in South and South-East Asia, most notably India.  And that's before we even get on to Russia.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Plenty of predominantly Christian countries have laws against homosexuality.  It is banned in the majority of Christian sub-Saharan African countries and several Caribbean countries.  It is also banned in a number Hindu and Buddhist countries in South and South-East Asia, most notably India.  And that's before we even get on to Russia.

I didn't say otherwise. Another strong case for tightening the borders to protect our gay family and friends from even more homophobic cultures, interesting!

6 minutes ago, Menzel said:

If LGBTQ campaigners are annoying yer da we're obviously doing something right.

A-ha! Not only a borderline useless PhD type, but an ideologue activist! Our previous encounters are starting to make sense now! ;)

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The whole world is just one big family and it's therefore important to do as much as we can to protect our cherished and beloved family members overseas.

Dat reframing scramble :lol:

Greenie for the laugh.

47 minutes ago, Menzel said:

If LGBTQ campaigners are annoying yer da we're obviously doing something right.

So your point is to annoy? 

Like I said, the majority, like myself, have been accepting of the LGBT community for many years now to the point that its not something we really care about now as the LGBT community are regarded as equals.

Is this now the LGBT's issue as they can no longer play the victim? (Edit: They were victims for many years, Im not disputing that.)

Im just asking the question. Being part of a background that is even more persecuted than the LGBT community today, I think certain posters should actually read things and take on board my points and accept my point of view just like we have accepted the LGBT point of view.

15 hours ago, chomp my root said:

We've not had a thread all the Social Justice Warriors can have a good vent for a while....

Let it all out guys  people, let it all out.......

giphy.gif

Time to let da man know how you feel.

tumblr_inline_mxcttiKuxm1qd9yzm.gif

Called it. Do I get a prize ?

Is it not incredibly arrogant for someone who is straight to tell the LGBT community that they have largely been accepted and that they should no longer play the victim card? 

Who is better placed to make that judgement? Someone who is straight or someone who is gay? 

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Poor banana's getting confused about who to hate most here

Very, very close, but no cigar.

I'm taking the rules/structures/behaviours/tenets of identity politics and intersectionality and using them back against ideologues who depend on them for their politics/world view.

In this case, activism for one 'oppressed identity' (LGBT) clashes with activism for another 'oppressed identity', ('immigrant People of Colour'). The cognitive dissonance this creates in The Activist who 'cares' about both 'oppressed identities' means they must reconcile the clash - in this case, immigration of people of colour ('Good') who come from cultures with wildly different views on LGBT ('Bad').

So they have to decide which 'oppressed identity' to throw under the bus (who they hate most of the options). Such decisions depend on who is currently higher on their malleable Oppression Index - the zeitgeist seems have People of Colour as the top 'most oppressed' at the moment, trumping LGBT Folk, Islam, and even Women (funny thing, white women are being castigated inside the Feminist movement now). White Peoples, Menz, and Straights lie at the bottom as the 'least oppressed'.

As you can see, tantrums often occur when held to their own standards and the cog diss kicks in. Actual LGBT activists would be pounding the streets to restrict immigration from such cultures... but they can't, because then they'd be 'racist' ('People of Colour' are top of the 'Oppression Index', remember!) and 'Islamophobic'.

;)

Archived