East Fife v Airdrieonians

LiamA

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye I thought the same in April when Airdrie won 4-0  Airdrie should have had a few more aswell.

Aye that was a sore one, but it's not 6-1 though is it???
Now that's a gubbing!!!

That was really all to easy Airdrie players need to have a serious look at themselves and should be embarrassed by their lack of effort and professionalism. Fair play to the Airdrie fans who stuck that out to the end as that must have been 89 minutes of torture. Only hope East Fife don’t think they are world beaters now. I recall a few weeks ago Arbroath rolling up at Bayview after putting 7 past Airdrie thinking they just had to turn up to win and we soundly gave them a reality check. After seeing Forfar 2 weeks ago and Airdrie today the difference in work rate and attitude is like night and day. A great team effort from East Fife today with a special mention to Kieran Miller who was outstanding in midfield.

We have all suffered poor stuff  but that was the worst Airdrie team I’ve ever seen.Felt for their manager because  no one could do anything with that lot.It took East Fife 20 minutes to realise how poor Airdrie were ,after that  it was a chance every attack.

In the absence of any junior games in Fife I thought I'd pay my first trip to Bayview. 

A great result for the Fifers but I have to echo the previous posters about Airdrie. They scored in the first minute and then did nothing. The midfield created zilch in an attacking sense and couldn't stop East Fife from breaking through them time and again. And the no 9 was awful, never looking like creating a goal.

So I'm not sure how good East Fire are but hopefully this isn't a one off and they can push on into the play-off spots.

I now think that may well have been the worst performance by an Airdrie side I have ever suffered. East Fife just did the simple things well and it was over as soon as you equalised. I stayed till 88 but could have gone at 6

Fair play to you for staying that long. I'm delighted with the win but what I will say is they Airdrie players are a disgrace, a slap in the puss to the Airdrie supporters who part with their cash and support their local side!

You can only beat what's put in front of you but we looked brilliant today, battling hard all over the park and we could have scored more. Well done to all our players and staff. Mon the Fife

Airdrie scored first against Arbroath  then lost 7 goals , Followed Airdrie for a good few years and without a doubt this is the worst team we have put on the park ,the young boys that are played week in and week out  just not good enough and as you saw the result the day  ,like a good few  hardcore supporters that have followed the team  for years  we have been crying out for change  ,they say if your a fan you follow your team every week  ,making the effort is getting harder every week ,would you pay to watch  that rubbish every week ,

Not enough credit being given to East Fife for their performance this afternoon. The first 45 minutes was easily our best of the season; some of the one touch stuff was great to watch, with Kyle Wilkie, Chris Duggan, Kevin Smith and Mark Lamont all linking up well. Lamont had his  opponent on toast throughout the game. Aaron Dunsmore and Jordan Piggott got forward at every opportunity, while Mark Docherty and Kieran Millar bossed the middle of the park. 

Airdrie did improve after the break, but Pagey and Kano came into their own and protected Mark Hurst, who was never really tested.

A real team performance from back to front...    

Excellent highlights (as always)!!!
Surely framed autographed stills of Chris Kane's back heel goal with that sunset behind him should be available in the Clubshop in time for Christmas???

Archived