Dunfermline vs Dumbarton 25/11/17

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You aren't blaming Cardle in any way for that goal, surely?

At no point did I blame him quite clearly. He has to get closer to the boy once he cuts in though. Look at how far away from the ball he is, he's not affecting the play whatsoever. 

Johnston is perfectly entitled to believe that his side should 'blow away' teams like us, they beat us 4-0 in the first fixture.

The thing is, it's entirely unprofessional and arrogant to say it in the press. Say it to his players before/after the game if he wishes/, or behind closed doors to those he feels need to hear it. But to publicise such a thought in such a way smacks of arrogance and a lack of respect.

Some strike from Froxy.[emoji7] Good point away from home, albeit disappointing not to take all three. That said, shows where we are that we're disappointed in only taking a point from EEP. On to QOS and hopefully we can build on and continue this good run we're on.

I thought the ref had a shocker and the amount of free kicks he gave to the home side that weren't anywhere near fouls was terrible. The only thing he was lenient about was giving decisions to Dumbarton. At points it seemed like he was just plain cheating.

He was very inconsistent but you guys did get away with some bookable pulls.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

He was very inconsistent but you guys did get away with some bookable pulls.

I thought he gave us far too many bookings overall and that Dunfermline got away with a lot. Felt he was ridiculously biased at times and seemed very weak in that he continuously gave in to the home crowds shouts for anything.

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

We got lucky with the pull by Wardrop just after he was cautioned. If it had happened anywhere other than in the corner of the final third when we were attacking, I'm pretty sure he would have been off.

I'm not debating that actually. But overall I thought the ref wasn't very good at all and was swayed way too often by the home crowd.

Thought we played really well.Maybe if Nade played instead of Morrison we might have got more goals.All ifs and maybes.Pleased with this but we need to bring in 1 or 2 fresh legs for Tuesday.QOS is winnable..not easy but winnable.

Thought you played worse when Nade came on, Morrison wasn't being much of a goal threat but his pressing and pace on the counter was more troublesome than Nade.

We really weren't good at all.

17 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I thought the ref had a shocker and the amount of free kicks he gave to the home side that weren't anywhere near fouls was terrible. The only thing he was lenient about was giving decisions to Dumbarton. At points it seemed like he was just plain cheating.

Case in point: the Dunfermline player who threw himself into Nade, bounced off him, and got a free kick!

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fabulous goal.

Murdoch looks slow to get down for the 1st but maybe he just got it right in the corner.

We'd clearly have lost if Dumbarton could defend a bit better.

Pars players body language looks very negative throughout the highlights.

From behind the goal it was in from the moment he hit it and always out of the goalie's reach.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Thought you played worse when Nade came on, Morrison wasn't being much of a goal threat but his pressing and pace on the counter was more troublesome than Nade.

We really weren't good at all.

Yeah but its peaks and troughs for everyone over 36 games.Pars are the strongest team in the league and the most likely to win.Dont think Livi will keep this up all season , United have a manager who is risky .That just leaves St Murn as major rivals.So good luck.Would like to see you go up so we dont get any more hidings.Pars really know how to skelp us bonnie.

A very poor performance by Dunfermline. 

As I thought pre-match, Dumbarton would be good on the counter-attack, especially through Tom Walsh. 

We started brightly andWardrop done fantastically well to clear Smith's effort off the line early on. 

It wasn't really an enthralling first-half but the Sons must've been the happier at the break. 

A good strike by Walsh but the Pars hitting back almost instantly made me think the momentum would swing our way. It did for 5 minutes until Froxylias scored an absolute beauty. 

That goal really did rock us and it looked as if Dumbarton would get a win. 

Somehow, we managed to scramble a draw after Clark was left free at the back-post but we got the most we deserved; a draw. 

No wonder Stevie Aitken felt as if his side had got beat (below). It must have been a real sickener for Dumbarton. 

It was a really bad day at the office for us so to come away with a point isn't too bad. We need to be a lot better this weekend though against Utd if we want to stay in touch with those at the top. 

My match report:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/27/clark-to-the-rescue-as-pars-salvage-a-point/

Stevie Aitken's comments:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/27/it-feels-like-a-defeat-stevie-aitken-disappointed-with-dunfermline-draw/

Archived