Dunfermline vs Dumbarton 25/11/17

Moving swiftly on from the predictable result this evening...

Important we get three points on Saturday. We're not playing great and it's showing with our inconsistent run of results. Big game at Tannadice on the 2nd Dec so a win would hopefully boost the confidence levels.

More importantly, the club need to get the turnstile situation fixed. Farce to have to delay a kick off because the system still isn't working, months into the season.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in decent form just now - 3 wins on the bounce & 3 clean sheets. We also have a lot of players we've been without coming back into the frame which is a massive boost for us. One of the most pleasing aspects of the last few games is the amount of decent chances we've been creating, something that was hugely lacking earlier in the season.

The Pars are probably the best team I've seen so far this season, they absolutely hosed us at home so this one will be tough.

The optimist in me thinks we can take something from this, the realist in me thinks 2-1 Pars.

If the sexiest man in world football can produce another jaw dropping Baresi moment then we'll all be happy.

I never, ever feel confident playing the Pars, they seem to have our number and have dished out a fair amount of pumpings over the last couple of seasons. I suppose we can be pleased with our form and encouraged that Dunfermline seem to be stuttering, but I just always have that feeling of "we'll do well to get anything here" when we play Dunfermline.  If Stevie's post match interview is to be believed then we could be almost back to a full squad, minus Grant Gallagher.  I reckon Aitken will keep the team the same, the only player I think he might bring back in is Froxylias for either Ally Roy or Calum Gallagher. If we can avoid giving Nicky Clark free headers we might be okay, but I have my doubts.

Do ParsTV stream matches for folk overseas?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I never, ever feel confident playing the Pars, they seem to have our number and have dished out a fair amount of pumpings over the last couple of seasons. I suppose we can be pleased with our form and encouraged that Dunfermline seem to be stuttering, but I just always have that feeling of "we'll do well to get anything here" when we play Dunfermline.  If Stevie's post match interview is to be believed then we could be almost back to a full squad, minus Grant Gallagher.  I reckon Aitken will keep the team the same, the only player I think he might bring back in is Froxylias for either Ally Roy or Calum Gallagher. If we can avoid giving Nicky Clark free headers we might be okay, but I have my doubts.

Do ParsTV stream matches for folk overseas?

Pretty sure they do.. https://parstv.co.uk/ 

It's not just Dumbarton, all part timers generally end up on the end of a 4 or 5 goal defeat from us. Superior firepower and attacking options from the bench tend to grind them down rather than us being brilliant from start to finish. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty sure they do.. https://parstv.co.uk/ 

It's not just Dumbarton, all part timers generally end up on the end of a 4 or 5 goal defeat from us. Superior firepower and attacking options from the bench tend to grind them down rather than us being brilliant from start to finish. 

You really are being quite selfish with your forward options this season. If you hadn't stuck 4 past us at home and we'd held on for a 0-0 we'd have the same goals against as the league leaders, that's quite annoying. I would appreciate if you could be a bit kinder to us this week.

We need a win to take us into the United game next week, so I’d take 3 points in any kind of fashion. 2-1, Clark with both goals, obviously. Attendance 10,352 despite the East Stand being closed.

25 minutes ago, microdave said:

I wouldn't start Froxy this week. With it being a hamstring injury he's had, I'd be reluctant to play him on a plastic pitch on his comeback! 

I don't think he will start him (regardless of the type of pitch) but it's probably the only change that seems likely - and I mean likely because it's clear that Roy and Gallagher aren't the most liked by Stevie (although they may have won him over in recent weeks). I'd be happy to start the same team and introduce Froxy, Nade and Handling later in the game.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he will start him (regardless of the type of pitch) but it's probably the only change that seems likely - and I mean likely because it's clear that Roy and Gallagher aren't the most liked by Stevie (although they may have won him over in recent weeks). I'd be happy to start the same team and introduce Froxy, Nade and Handling later in the game.

I would agree with that. If Boomer's fit then he'll be back in at Hill's expense I would imagine.

I’d play froxy for Callum gallacher. But definitely keep Roy and Walsh in the team, keep nade for more winnable games.

One of the guys I'm at Uni with was talking to Nadé earlier this week. He was saying that he hasn't been 100% since near enough the start of the season, although he reckons he is getting closer now.

Says a lot about him that he played through it for so long.

Pars fans - which part of the ground has the best acoustics for our various percussion groups?

Pick your spot in the Firth of Forth, mate. Anywhere in there will be just fine x

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Pick your spot in the Firth of Forth, mate. Anywhere in there will be just fine x

I was asking for a friend* x

*by friend, I actually meant a couple of gimps who think bringing tambourines on the bus and to games "adds to the atmosphere".  

Your recommendation of in the Forth is perfect.

16 hours ago, microdave said:

I wouldn't start Froxy this week. With it being a hamstring injury he's had, I'd be reluctant to play him on a plastic pitch on his comeback! 

16 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

It's a good job we ripped ours up in 2005 then.

16 hours ago, microdave said:

I'm so glad it was a Dunfermline fan that bit! :lol:

What the f**k is this?

Archived