Dunfermline vs Dumbarton 25/11/17

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Dunfermline was very icy this morning when I left for work. Hopefully we're okay for tomorrow, looking forward to the game.

Hopefully it'll be off & instead we'll head to the Bridie outlets with our Orchestra, serenading the good people of Fife in return for savoury delights :blink:

Remember the dark days of administration when with all the things that hit our club i.e losing players or having a massive points deduction put on us which ultimately resulted in our relegation, the hardest thing of all was Karen Masterton bumping Stephens and attempting to do our own bridies all season. Fucking sickening. 

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not really much searing game chat is there? Pars usually win at home against part timers. Usually something like 4-1. Except when we lose 1-0. Or that time Dumbarton beat us 4-3. 

Our match preview hasn't really told us much to get too excited about, team wise. It's usually reasonably detailed but it's quite vague in wording which suggests to me that Froxylias, McLaughlin and Handling all still have question marks over them (the latter not mentioned at all). I think most of us fear the pumping you describe, I certainly do anyway. I don't think our style is a good match for yours. Hope we can take something though, a point would be marvellous.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our match preview hasn't really told us much to get too excited about, team wise. It's usually reasonably detailed but it's quite vague in wording which suggests to me that Froxylias, McLaughlin and Handling all still have question marks over them (the latter not mentioned at all). I think most of us fear the pumping you describe, I certainly do anyway. I don't think our style is a good match for yours. Hope we can take something though, a point would be marvellous.

From the team that started midweek against Morton we have Declan McManus and Kallum Higginbotham available again. Williamson and Higginbotham have created a very high percentage of our goals at East End. Tough shift for any part time team coming here but we do gift plenty of chances and can look toothless if our fancy dan players are not given space. 

Would like ryan to keep his spot, he played well on Tuesday night and linked up well with Clark, I like McManus but i think that pairing deserves a chance.

I would bring higgy back in, probably at the expense of cardle with aird moved to the left, tho I could understand giving cardle another game given his early season form, rest of the team picks itself

McManus should be back in the team if available.

On another note, those bridies we made ourselves? I bought one at a friendly against... Hearts I want to say? I skelped the fucker hard against the steel structure at the back of the stand, it barely shredded a flake nor dented. Needless to say I didn't eat it, wasnt going to digest something with the texture of concrete.

Looks like Froxy will be back, which makes the whole trip to Dunfermline totally worthwhile.

b5e804745e3b32afafc541197283708b.jpg

By the way, I noticed that Knockhill is covered in a pretty thick blanket of snow at the moment. I know it has its own micro-climate though, so I take it things aren't too snowy in Dunfermline itself?

A hard game for us tomorrow. I admire the job Stevie Aitken has done and the way Dumbarton have constantly adapted and strived forward each year. 

I would keep the same lineup as Tuesday with McManus and Higginbotham on the bench. 

A tight win for us I think. 2-1 Pars. 

McManus should be back in the team if available.

On another note, those bridies we made ourselves? I bought one at a friendly against... Hearts I want to say? I skelped the fucker hard against the steel structure at the back of the stand, it barely shredded a flake nor dented. Needless to say I didn't eat it, wasnt going to digest something with the texture of concrete.

They did though make either steak pies or something similar that were delightful.

, I noticed that Knockhill is covered in a pretty thick blanket of snow at the moment. I know it has its own micro-climate though, so I take it things aren't too snowy in Dunfermline itself?

I would say it's "ok" little bit frosty but things should be playable by 3pm, admittedly that's just from a glance out the window. Probably 50/50;for the game given it's unlikely ush will be on

Erm, Clark is shite and is only in the team because his dad is the assistant. Didn't you get the memo?

No I didn't get the memo. Can hawk please add me to the mailing list?

Clark won about 20 balls in the air on Tuesday and each one landed close or onto Ryan's feet. I think he's one of the most important players in the side and probably too good for this level.

Smith and McManus give lots of energy Andy offer something different. Personally I would try Clark and McManus or Smith. Ryan is Clarks understudy imo and if we play him and Clark we look a little static upfront.

Running about aimlessly isn't good running about with purpose and causing opponents problems like McManus and Higgy do creates chances. Tuesday showed us at our worst in terms of ineffective runners coupled with slow predictable buildup which when it happens every now and then AJ seems to be unable to fix it.

The fans aren't asking for people to run about but just more effort and pace in our play, give them some credit.

Dunfermline ,s form has slid away a bit , will be a tough game against the Sons - hoping we can win at least 1-0 - and get back to some sort of form for the visit to Tannadice next week - Dumbarton will be in the Championship for next season again and finish well above Failkirk this season  !

Archived