Flat Earth theory

DA Baracus

You are up in space in a space ship and you are far enough away that you can see the whole of Earth as a globe.
You have a very powerful telescope and you can see me in Perth, Scotland, waving.
You also have another very powerful telescope and you can see a guy in Perth, Australia, waving.
Is he standing on his head?
If no, why no?

I work in a large company whose entire business is based in satellites. I used to have a team member who was a flat earther.

A bizarre affliction, the conspiratorial mind. He also thought tap water made you gay (female hormones in the water from the pill you see) and that the government was using the flu jab to kill off elderly people.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

I don't think we should be giving them the attention they so desperately seek.

Considering how much we all really really don't like nazis (amongst others), we've given them a fair bit of um, debate. In fact we need another 'noble' cause for some on here to get their teeth into. Have we done fox hunting yet ????? :lol:

Just now, chomp my root said:

Considering how much we all really really don't like nazis (amongst others), we've given them a fair bit of um, debate. In fact we need another 'noble' cause for some on here to get their teeth into. Have we done fox hunting yet ????? :lol:

Nazis killed millions and millions of people in a world war. Fox hunting is a barbaric, evil sport for Tory fucks.

Flat Earthers are harmless idiots. There's no comparison.

I work in a large company whose entire business is based in satellites. I used to have a team member who was a flat earther.

A bizarre affliction, the conspiratorial mind. He also thought tap water made you gay (female hormones in the water from the pill you see) and that the government was using the flu jab to kill off elderly people.

You never meet a conspiracy theory believer who believes in just one conspiracy. They're all into loads of them. My wife's pal has a South African husband (my experience of them is that they are a conspiracy mad lot) and since getting with him she now believes in a global Jewish bank, artificial sweeteners causing cancer and sweets causing ADHD in kids.