Highland Handsomes -vs- Paisley Pansies

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samson should have been sent off there - I can only assume the ref looked away or didn't see it properly, because raising your hand like that almost always results in a red.

The idea that the penalty was a legal 'shoulder to shoulder' incident is utter bullshit, obviously.

As for Vigurs, that second yellow is a funny one. You really oughtn't be allowed to scream in a player's face like that, but you see it quite a lot and it goes unpunished - usually when the player on the receiving end is deemed to have dived. Vigurs was, however, on a tightrope so should have known better.  His head had clearly gone and he was apt to get sent off at some point.

I certainly wouldn’t say Samson’s was as clear as a red as you are likely to see. As it’s a push not a punch.

However, the fact he ran out of goal to do it makes it utter stupidity on his part. He could have had no complaints if sent off.

The ICT screamed abuse in the saints players face on the deck. It’s always a booking.

As for the penalty it’s absolutely a stonewaller. Robertson should apologise to the ref. Just like Jack did after the Morton game.

However, Jack has class and I don’t think Robbo does

8 minutes ago, Kingston Bud said:

I certainly wouldn’t say Samson’s was as clear as a red as you are likely to see. As it’s a push not a punch.

It's a clear case of violent conduct. Whether it's a push or a punch is irrelevant.

The laws of the game are clear, under violent conduct (http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/files/IFAB-laws-of-the-game-2017-2018.pdf Page 104):

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The emphasised text clearly shows why Samson should have been sent off. It's a blatant red card.

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The emphasised text clearly shows why Samson should have been sent off. It's a blatant red card.

Genuine question: was it definitely Vigurs' face or head that Samson 'struck'?

I couldn't tell from the clip and thought it might have been his upper back/shoulder. Which, given what you've posted, would explain the yellow.

Edit: just watched it again and it 100% wasn't his face or head. So based on what you've said there, makes 100% NOT violent conduct. :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuine question: was it definitely Vigurs' face or head that Samson 'struck'?

I couldn't tell from the clip and thought it might have been his upper back/shoulder. Which, given what you've posted, would explain the yellow.

Edit: just watched it again and it 100% wasn't his face or head. So based on what you've said there, makes 100% NOT violent conduct. :thumsup2

Looks to me like he charges out and catches him on the back of his head but in theory if he didn't catch him in the face or head then yeah it wouldn't be a sending off which is quite mental at least under the highlighted text above though I wonder if it would fall under the first para under violent conduct? :unsure:

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It's a clear case of violent conduct. Whether it's a push or a punch is irrelevant.

The laws of the game are clear, under violent conduct (http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/files/IFAB-laws-of-the-game-2017-2018.pdf Page 104):

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Samson pushes him but I don't think is is on the head or it's not exactly clear it is so by the rules ref was correct, although we've seen a lot of people go for it 

In the end of the day, he only pushed someone- it should be a booking and get on with the fucking game. 

29 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Every corner kick these days ends up in a pushing-fest. If everyone was sent off for their first wee push then no game would have enough players to go beyond half-time.

A bit of jostling at a corner is hardly the same as what Samson did. As I said above though it's not going to change anything at the end of the day. 

Stonewall penalty for us that's not even up for debate, will Robertson come out and apologise for his post match accusations about the referee. Jack Ross was big enough to do it after the Morton game.

I used to not mind Robertson when he was a pundit on sportsound but he's quickly descended into a slabbering  and bitter mess these days.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

"Their player was trying to bump into me and he has hit off me as I was trying to take the ball off him."

wyvqYw2.gif

Morgan didn't even fucking see him coming to 'try and bump into him'. :lol:

Minterness Caledonian Thistle. 

Quite disappointing that the ref got all the decisions correct, pretty much stopped the spectacular meltdown in its tracks a bit there, though the ICT guy posting the rule that proves he was wrong about the red card was good.

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

Quite disappointing that the ref got all the decisions correct, pretty much stopped the spectacular meltdown in its tracks a bit there, though the ICT guy posting the rule that proves he was wrong about the red card was good.

:lol: Even if you want to argue that Samson didn't catch him in the face he could still easily have gone under the first part of the violent conduct rule.

I like Inverness, but this stuff from Robbo is laughable. Get him to f**k.

I noticed at the return fixture in Paisley there were a few tantrums from Inverness players - clearly the players think they are better than they are.

Samson should have been red carded, but I'm glad the senior players are standing up to be counted. Clearly teams think we can be bullied. 

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I've yet to hear Robbo's comments but while we conceded on the counter, I'd rather take the chance of getting people forward in order to find the equaliser.  Were St Mirren two goals better than us yesterday?  No chance.  We're in dire need of another striker.  Baird works hard but is not a goalscorer, while Bell has been good but is more of a winger.  Oakley is pretty powderpuff and the less said about Zschusschen the better. 

When we were in the First Division last time we had Adam Rooney banging them in every week, but if you took him out the team we'd work almost as well with Foran up-front.  There was also goal threats from the likes of Dani Sanchez and especially Johnny Hayes.  We don't have that type of threat throughout the side this time around.

Your assessment of your team is 100% correct while Baird's work rate is not in question he has never been a goal machine I remember him as a young player at Saints. If you had a natural goal scorer you would be top four no problem. Will watch with interest who Robertson brings in during the January window.

Archived