QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why the hell would you want to stay overnight in dumfries for . hellhole dumfries .   check the bus x74 stagecoach glasgow to dumfries . sure there are late buses at weekends

wear a stab proof vest mate lol

Get a grip yah gimp. Dumfries is probably one of the safest towns of its size in the country and is time and time again voted the best “away day” by travelling fans.

A night out is what you make it.......Maybe your take on Dumfries says more about you than about the town itself!

Can’t wait for this. It has all the makings of a great cup tie. We usually take a healthy away support in the Scottish Cup so with it being such an attractive away day, I’d be surprised if we took less than 1500.

I haven’t been to Dumfries for about 8 years. My last visit was a grim 1-0 defeat under Ian McCall. Some of my best and worst experiences have been at Palmerston. The best being my first pitch invasion, when we celebrated avoiding the drop into the bottom league in the late 90’s. The worst was the game that pretty much sealed our second consecutive relegation - a horrible 3-1 defeat at the end of season 04/05. Fights breaking out amongst our fans all afternoon.

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Can’t wait for this. It has all the makings of a great cup tie. We usually take a healthy away support in the Scottish Cup so with it being such an attractive away day, I’d be surprised if we took less than 1500.

If Thistle are bringing more than about 900, think they will open the terracing behind the goal at the away end.

10 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

wear a stab proof vest mate lol

A stab proof vest :lol: I've never needed one at Maryhill mate, i'm sure Dumfries will be just fine. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

If Thistle are bringing more than about 900, think they will open the terracing behind the goal at the away end.

If it's a Saturday game (hopefully) I reckon 1000+ is achievable. 

why the hell would you want to stay overnight in dumfries for . hellhole dumfries .   check the bus x74 stagecoach glasgow to dumfries . sure there are late buses at weekends

I take it you’ve not read all the stories about the X74 buses recently

I've stayed in Banff, Aberdeen, and Inverness on previous Scottish cup away days. Clearly not expecting Dumfries to be Las Vegas but it's an option.

It is what it is .

If you’re after your hole go to the Hole in the Wa’ pub or if you’re after a kicking head to Chancers

14 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

The pitch invasion after your equaliser says otherwise. 

It was an equaliser in the last minute of a cup final. Even if we went on to lose, those were great scenes.

However, effectively securing promotion at home in front of 9,000 fans was just a better experience, and far more important for our club.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

So cute.
QotS fans reliving the club's glory days of a Challenge Cup win.

Out of interest, what was the score when we last played each other in the Scottish cup?

9 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Out of interest, what was the score when we last played each other in the Scottish cup?

I seem to recall you won 1-0 in an utterly dreadful game in freezing weather.

Are you saying those were the glory days instead of the cup win?

7 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

Thistle at home in the Scottish Cup 4th round in season 79/80 was my 3rd ever Queens game age 12.  Looking forward to a different result this time!

I didn't want to be the first old git to bring that game up, but it stands out for me too.

A crowd of 7,500 as I recall.  It felt like a really big game at the time.  Thistle had some decent, fairly high profile players and were too strong.  We played alright though.

Some daftie staged a one man pitch invasion for no obvious reason at one point.

13 hours ago, thistledo said:

A stab proof vest :lol: I've never needed one at Maryhill mate, i'm sure Dumfries will be just fine. 

If it's a Saturday game (hopefully) I reckon 1000+ is achievable. 

i live in cowcaddens mate . i am having a laugh about my home town dumfries . same as everywhere you go  watch your back and dont take risks /

Archived