QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

54 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Rankin can't fucking header the ball. I blame him for conceding the second goal. Good game though very equal with thistle just edging it with crisper passing and build up play.

Thought it was Rankin who headed it to the Thistle forward then he turned and I thought it took a deflection of a Queens defender .Thistle actually came to life after Queens scored we seemed to think the job was done in saying that I thought the header was in from the corner and that Dobbie shot was just past the post ..

We lacked quality up top Ferguson tried hard  but just did not have the experience to worry the Thistle defence 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a pretty meek effort. Sitting in and inviting pressure from a struggling team in the premier is very dissapointing.  Wasnt impressed with Beerman. Fergusson got a lucky goal but wasn't very good imo. Looked unfit. Stirling should have been used way earlier not Murray. He was very lively when introduced. Dykes played better than the norm and Rooney was sensational 1st half.  Just feels we are going nowhere just now. If it werent for Dobbie we'd be in dire straights! Does having 1 good player bailing you out make a good manager? Not for me

44 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

What was jammy about our goal?  From my view it looked like a great finish after some great work getting into the position in the first place.  

I'm very keen to see it again, but I think Fuctifano has got it right.

I'm fairly sure that Fergusson didn't have a shot at all.  He was tackled forcefully and the ball ricocheted off him.

That was a pretty meek effort. Sitting in and inviting pressure from a struggling team in the premier is very dissapointing.  Wasnt impressed with Beerman. Fergusson got a lucky goal but wasn't very good imo. Looked unfit. Stirling should have been used way earlier not Murray. He was very lively when introduced. Dykes played better than the norm and Rooney was sensational 1st half.  Just feels we are going nowhere just now. If it werent for Dobbie we'd be in dire straights! Does having 1 good player bailing you out make a good manager? Not for me

Who would you get in then to manage the club?

53 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

I thought naysmith deserved credit today,everyone thought we'd get pumped with a young team like that but his tactics were spot on and we ended up being unlucky,seems to be only me that thinks this though with the negativity on here

This. Switched to a back three and was only able to get an hour out of Fordyce and slightly more out of Beerman. But we edged the game for me and deserved at least a replay. Martin made one good save first half and was beaten by an untidyily defended one on one and a deflection. To be fair someone charged down an Erskine shot second half too. Thistle were pretty fortunate to win.

Fergusson's goal had an element of fortune in it but he should have scored first half when he latched onto a short back header and Cerny saved well at his feet from a tight angle too. Dobbie went close a couple of times and I thought Rooney had scored with a header too. 

I was pretty happy with how we played.

I thought naysmith deserved credit today,everyone thought we'd get pumped with a young team like that but his tactics were spot on and we ended up being unlucky,seems to be only me that thinks this though with the negativity on here

Who's fault is it we have such a young team though? He got shot of Dowie, Higgins and Millar. The latter being the best thing he's ever done for us but for argument's sake he was an experienced player. He refuses to play Stirling and has said Lyle is free to find a new club.

He can't get rid of our older players without replacing them then bitch about the fact we have a young squad.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. Switched to a back three and was only able to get an hour out of Fordyce and slightly more out of Beerman. But we edged the game for me and deserved at least a replay. Martin made one good save first half and was beaten by an untidyily defended one on one and a deflection. To be fair someone charged down an Erskine shot second half too. Thistle were pretty fortunate to win.

Fergusson's goal had an element of fortune in it but ge should have scored first half when he latched onto a short back header and Cerny saved well at his feet from a tight angle too. Dobbie went close a couple of times and I thought Rooney had scored with a header too. 

The switch weakened us and helped hand Thistle the initiative.

Was Fordyce really needing to come off?

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fergusson's goal had an element of fortune in it but he should have scored first half when he latched onto a short back header and Cerny saved well at his feet from a tight angle too. Dobbie went close a couple of times and I thought Rooney had scored with a header too. 

Salty Tory tears.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why?  What was wrong with him?

He only started training this week after 2 months out, couldn't over play him today, was always the plan am sure to bring Cameron on after an hour.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He only started training this week after 2 months out, couldn't over play him today, was always the plan am sure to bring Cameron on after an hour.

A costly plan then.

He appeared to be coping well.  We've now made a sacrifice to ensure Fordyce Is in good shape for the irrelevant months ahead.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

A costly plan then.

He appeared to be coping well.  We've now made a sacrifice to ensure he's in good shape for the irrelevant months ahead.

If the switch weakened us how do you think we would have coped the first 60 mins for me the switch never altered a thing Cameron dealt with everything thrown at him, If the captain had composed himself more and cleared the ball we might well have still been in the Cup..

Archived