QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By f**k am I glad that's done. Very much an example or a game being the in between distraction/ruiner of a day out. Queens were toothless but we weren't much better. Only players that get pass marks were Cerny and Sammon for me. Next round thank f**k but need to improve to go any further. Don't want to be negative but doubt we'll be winning the Scottish cup this year.

Ach, that was annoying.

For the most part, there was little in it, but Thistle got on top for a fifteen minute spell in the second half and that's what won them it.  It's frustrating because their goals again owed plenty to poor defending.  Mind you, ours was a fluke, so we maybe can't moan too much.

Unless we're bad enough to get drawn towards the relegation play-off spot, it looks like our season is over and will fizzle away to three and a half months of meaningless games.

Christ knows what that'll do to our already poor gates.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ach, that was annoying.

For the most part, there was little in it, but Thistle got on top for a fifteen minute spell in the second half and that's what won them it.  It's frustrating because their goals again owed plenty to poor defending.  Mind you, ours was a fluke, so we maybe can't moan too much.

Unless we're bad enough to get drawn towards the relegation play-off spot, it looks like our season is over and will fizzle away to three and a half months of meaningless games.

Christ knows what that'll do to our already poor gates.

Attendance 2,338 today according to BBC.

I'm fucking seething after that.  It certainly wasn't a dominant performance but we more than edged it deserving at the very minimum a draw.  Thistle offered very little other than a large number of corners that we just about dealt with.  We did our usual generosity act though, with Rankin producing a peach of an assist for the winner.  If we play like that for the remainder we might manage to keep ourselves around the playoff battle, but getting consistency out of this group of players is like trying to get a pass from Dobbie in and around the penalty box.  As always a defeat in the cup is the double whammy of feeling like it is also the end of our season.

What was jammy about our goal?  From my view it looked like a great finish after some great work getting into the position in the first place.  He can be very pleased with his afternoon's work regardless.

Archived