QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The disappointment won’t be with the game going ahead. The disappointment will be if the pitch has been damaged in the process. However, that is something we can only speculate on because we won’t be able to tell whether it has been damaged or not. Quite why not wanting to damage the pitch, with the potential for costly repairs or replacement, makes me less of a fan is a little bit puzzling.
If they have done everything “by the book” and it is all fine that’s great. I don’t see how expressing concern about it, based on articles that appear legit, is a problem.

Give it a rest FFS

All it would have taken was a couple of lines on the OS yesterday saying "we are currently clearing the snow from the pitch as per the guidelines, and as it stands we fully expect the game to go ahead".  Maybe even a photo to accompany it.

Whilst his responses are always appreciated, I don't think it's fair on SD always having to act as spokesman for the club on here and clear up the speculation, and often nonsense (I include myself in this) that sites like these inevitably generate.

Fans like to know what is going on at their club.  Whilst I completely agree with the OS not announcing things like signings until they are over the line, I wouldn't have thought an update on the state of the pitch in the lead up to this game should be a trade secret.  The Dundee United debacle is still fresh in all our memories and I'm sure some of our further afield supporters were having doubts through the week about whether or not to attend this match.  A bit of reassurance from the club could have helped ease these concerns.

Got to fancy Thistle for this we have to many players out injured .

Last week it was 7 out with only maybe 2 back today but since last week we have lost our 2 loan players back to St Johnstone so bench will be full of our under 20 team again last week we could not even fill the bench .

We have our injury woes too and have lost loanee Turnbull from our defence. We have failed to fill the bench many times this season. A couple of long term injured on the verge of returning but not sure if they will be risked today.

We should, perhaps, have enough to win today. Far from foregone conclusion though.

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Got to fancy Thistle for this we have to many players out injured .

Last week it was 7 out with only maybe 2 back today but since last week we have lost our 2 loan players back to St Johnstone so bench will be full of our under 20 team again last week we could not even fill the bench .

Where is your optimism. It' a cup game anything could happen. Have a little faith

All it would have taken was a couple of lines on the OS yesterday saying "we are currently clearing the snow from the pitch as per the guidelines, and as it stands we fully expect the game to go ahead".  Maybe even a photo to accompany it.

Indeed. As a team that seems to get more postponements for various reasons, even a small club like Brechin are excellent at putting pitch updates up on the club website / FB & Twitter feeds. It certainly makes a big difference to me as a travelling home fan due to the first sight of frost, snow or heavy rain filling my mind with great doubt (usually for good reason). "Pitch looking a bit heavy but still expecting game to go ahead. Hope to see you this afternoon!" etc etc. Of course, it also doubles up as a rallying call to local locals who are able to help the groundsman put down the covers or whatever. It's a win-win.

Why you wouldn't and put a significant number of potential paying away fans off travelling down most of the M74 (at least) is baffling to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Mental that the 10.13 train was anticipated to be fucking mobbed and no c**t decided it would be smart to get the earlier train, also ensuring further drinking time and arriving for pub opening time. 

You know that to be a fact?

Archived