QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

What's the position with our pitch covers?  My understanding with a grass pitch was that they shouldn't be on for any longer than necessary due to it damaging the grass.  Surely with a 3G pitch they could be down for extended periods without having the same issue?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

What pitch covers ?

The club has or used to have pitch covers.  They were our prevention against frost when we still had a grass pitch.  I would have thought they still had a use with a 3G pitch but I could be wrong hence my original question.

The club has or used to have pitch covers.  They were our prevention against frost when we still had a grass pitch.  I would have thought they still had a use with a 3G pitch but I could be wrong hence my original question.

I'm fairly certain we gave them away when we got the astro.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

This article suggests that pitch covers can be used on an artificial pitch. I’m sure the highlights of the Falkirk match at TFS showed covers lying at the side of the pitch. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

According to the QotS SLO you have a couple of quad bikes with shovels for snow clearing duties. 

Same article suggests that metal shovels should not be used. Presumably they have guards on them as recommended in the article. Also says that snow should only be cleared to a depth of 5cm to avoid damaging the pitch. The rest should be brushed off.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/artificial-surfaces-they-are-not-all-weather.html

Archived