QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much approximately is a taxi from Lockerbie to Dumfries?

I'm not sure but I'd be surprised if you got much, if any change from a £20.

Bus is a far better option and is just as quick given it takes the same route the taxi will.

I'm not sure but I'd be surprised if you got much, if any change from a £20.

Bus is a far better option and is just as quick given it takes the same route the taxi will.

Also bear in mind the train fare to Lockerbie is cheaper than the train to Dumfries too.

So if there are a couple of you in the taxi then coat will be no different.

Also bear in mind the train fare to Lockerbie is cheaper than the train to Dumfries too.

I think it's 50p cheaper? Unless they have deals on on that line of course. I'd still say it would be best with the bus but it depends on whether you don't mind forking out a bit more.

You're best bet would actually be to phone the taxi company itself. 01387247474. McLeans. Practically the only service down here as they hoover up all the independent guys.

It usually £20 on a Saturday night but might be a bit cheaper through the day. Problem might be getting one though if there are a few travelling!!

Best bet is to get the 81 bus, approx £6 a return and run about every half hour. Bus stop is a few minutes walk down Main Street from the train station. There are a good couple of pubs outside the station too just to break the journey up!!

Timetable for bus from Lockerbie. Takes half an hour and timing means you couldn’t get back to Lockerbie in time for train at 5.30. Need to get the next one at 7.30.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West Scotland/081_for_web.pdf

Last resort alternative is X74 bus from Glasgow.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West Scotland/X74-Dumfries-Jan2017[web].pdf

Weather update: still near freezing in Icestation Dumfries.  Forecast doesn't look significantly better for next 36 hours.  Uncleared snow and ice is clinging on like the last barnacle on the boat.

Wouldn't want to call this one way or t'other, but there's got be a bit of a doubt if this one goes ahead...

19 minutes ago, BigRubberFist said:

Weather update: still near freezing in Icestation Dumfries.  Forecast doesn't look significantly better for next 36 hours.  Uncleared snow and ice is clinging on like the last barnacle on the boat.

Wouldn't want to call this one way or t'other, but there's got be a bit of a doubt if this one goes ahead...

Not sure where exactly you are but it was 4C when I left Dumfries at 10am this morning (according to my car anyway). In Castle Douglas I am looking at green fields though they had slightly less snow to start with.

I would be surprised if it doesnt go ahead unless we are expecting more snow?

BBC forecast is for temperatures of 0C until 10am tomorrow. The temperatures they give are the air temperature which at night, in winter, is higher than the ground temperature. So the ground temperature will likely be below freezing tonight. The air temperature is forecast to rise to 2C tomorrow. Not sure if that will be enough to thaw out frozen ground. Maybe areas in the sun will be fine.

I don’t know if these pitches are somehow exempt from frost and ice. I understood that you had to put PDV salt on them to prevent them from freezing. Maybe that is the plan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650798

Archived