QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

The stand the away fans are situated in at Palmerston is pretty decent in terms of viewing the game from.  Hopefully the atmosphere will not be muted too much by the seating free for all. It would be good if the singers and more vocal of our support could perhaps occupy one end of the section allocated to us to avoid the infuriatingly dull atmosphere so prevalent at our matches on the road this season*.

A win and a half decent performance would be nice too...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is a case of giving Thistle whatever is required to avoid an embarrassment. If that means the entire stand then so be it.

Thistle themselves regularly vacate their favoured home stand to accommodate the Old Firm legions.It is not as though the Dumfries public will be creating an unexpected run on the tickets.

Some of stand needs to be retained for disabled and less mobile Queens fans

12 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

This snow makes me nervy. Cancellation announced while an hour of a journey down on the choo choo is my prediction. 

There isn't much snow in Dumfries at all and no more is forecast.  If there are any issues it is likely to be down to travel conditions rather than the state of the pitch I'd imagine.

If we go three at the back, I imagine Penrice will play as the left sided centre half with Booth or Lawless coming in at wing back. He performed very well there against Airdrie in the cup earlier in the season. 

Can't imagine we'll risk Dumbuya on a plastic pitch in these conditions.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

There isn't much snow in Dumfries at all and no more is forecast.  If there are any issues it is likely to be down to travel conditions rather than the state of the pitch I'd imagine.

Heavy snow forecast for around midnight tonight. If that settles on the pitch, game could be in doubt. Not sure how effective salt would be if it was spread on the pitch beforehand. Think the last time there was snow, they cleared it with a mechanical shovel attached to a wee tractor type thing. But don’t think that is recommended as the rubber crumb can get lifted along with the snow.

Noticed that Falkirk had pitch covers. Not sure if we still have them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650798

Eta link to BBC forecast.

18 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Whats our likely home support going to be? There is usually a bump in the figures for Scottish cup tie is there not

Apologies for not multi-quoting.

Last “big” home Scottish Cup tie was quarter final v Falkirk in 2015 that had 2,833 including Falkirk fans, not sure how many they brought (terracing open, I think). That was live on BBC, though.

In the previous round, we got 3,043 v St.Johnstone and they had more than 1,000, so we had less than 2,000 there. We got 2,475 for the last league game of that season v Livi when I think we were already guaranteed 4th. They had a couple of hundred, so we got more for the league game. We also go 1,865 v Dumbarton in the second last league game. So not many more home fans in the Cup v Premiership team in the round before the quarter final.

For the replay v Montrose this season we got 794. We got 1,055 v East Kilbride in League Cup group game and 1,012 v Airdrie in first round of Diddy Cup. All of these were midweek fixtures.

So, it doesn’t look like the Scottish Cup pulls in that many more, if any.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Apologies for not multi-quoting.

Last “big” home Scottish Cup tie was quarter final v Falkirk in 2015 that had 2,833 including Falkirk fans, not sure how many they brought (terracing open, I think). That was live on BBC, though.

In the previous round, we got 3,043 v St.Johnstone and they had more than 1,000, so we had less than 2,000 there. We got 2,475 for the last league game of that season v Livi when I think we were already guaranteed 4th. They had a couple of hundred, so we got more for the league game. We also go 1,865 v Dumbarton in the second last league game. So not many more home fans in the Cup v Premiership team in the round before the quarter final.

For the replay v Montrose this season we got 794. We got 1,055 v East Kilbride in League Cup group game and 1,012 v Airdrie in first round of Diddy Cup. All of these were midweek fixtures.

So, it doesn’t look like the Scottish Cup pulls in that many more, if any.

Bit surprised at that I thought Scottish cup would provide a welcome boost to  the crowd due to playing different opposition and the fact it's  a cup tie. I going to go for a bold prediction of 3000 at the game. And I travelling up for this as well so I go for a score prediction of 2-3. Last two games I seen have been that scoreline so reckon it happen again. 

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

More tickets made available........

Amended Match Arrangements

Are the tickets marked “home” and “away”? If not, what would stop Thistle fans buying them for the home end on the day and going in the away gate?

If they are marked, what would stop them buying them, going in the home gate of the East Stand and walking through to the away section? You could get away fans showing up on the day getting in before people who have bought tickets from Thistle, leaving the ones with tickets bought in advance with nowhere to sit. Or am I getting this totally wrong?

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Our tickets state in big letters across the front they are for the away support.

Fair enough. I guess if stewards check tickets before allowing people to move between sections, that might prevent some of the potential problems.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

What a shambles :lol:

I tend to agree, but I don't find it too amusing.

Why the Hell are we making it difficult for people to attend a football match?  Opening the terracing in advance would have allowed away fans to choose how to watch, would have afforded them the convenience of buying a ticket on match day, would have boosted the atmosphere by providing a properly four sided arena and would probably have resulted in a bigger crowd.

There would also have been more convenience for Queens supporters in that stand and it would just have been more courteous to our guests.  It pisses me off that we make an arse of these things.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I tend to agree, but I don't find it too amusing.

Why the Hell are we making it difficult for people to attend a football match?  Opening the terracing in advance would have allowed away fans to choose how to watch, would have afforded them the convenience of buying a ticket on match day, would have boosted the atmosphere by providing a properly four sided arena and would probably have resulted in a bigger crowd.

There would also have been more convenience for Queens supporters in that stand and it would just have been more courteous to our guests.  It pisses me off that we make an arse of these things.

Can’t help thinking there is more to this than the cost of some extra stewards and hiring portable bogs. The determination not to open the terracing is weird. Of course, as we have been told nothing (for example that they are still working on the floodlights) we have to assume it is just the cost that is the problem. And that having an extra few hundred fans wouldn’t justify the additional cost. If that is the case, it is another indication that we are skint. 

Anyway, it may be resolved by the weather. I imagine fewer ticketless fans would travel midweek.

Archived