QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Devine is suspended. Means we'll have to wedge someone into a back 3 or play with barton and keown as CBs. Not ideal. 
I know it's an artificial pitch but the forecast isn't looking great. 
Thistle tweeted 40 away tickets left an hour or so ago so it'll sell out. 

So Queens are going to be turning away potential income by not giving Partick sufficient tickets.
Definitely away fans in home areas on Saturday then

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy if QotS don't sort out some contingency for away fans. They bent over backwards for Linfield the other year in the Diddy cup.

My main concern regarding the actual game is we haven't won a ducking away match since the 8 August 2017 and that was in the League Cup away to the Saintees. 

Crazy if QotS don't sort out some contingency for away fans. They bent over backwards for Linfield the other year in the Diddy cup.

My main concern regarding the actual game is we haven't won a ducking away match since the 8 August 2017 and that was in the League Cup away to the Saintees. 

You're 11/8 for the win and 7/2 -1. Get lumping on it.

Us Thistle fans being treated disgracefully here. Part-time village teams like Queen of the South should be playing in the Juniors if this is how the organise one of the biggest games in their history.

44 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

That’s a good point. The terracing was open for them and they only brought about 1,000 or so. No worries about the cost of hiring bogs for them. 

Btw, under Scottish Cup rules, could Thistle not have insisted on up to 20%, which I think is about 1,700?

That’s a good point. The terracing was open for them and they only brought about 1,000 or so. No worries about the cost of hiring bogs for them. 
Btw, under Scottish Cup rules, could Thistle not have insisted on up to 20%, which I think is about 1,700?

I’d imagine it’ll all be down to costs and the scaffolding around both floodlights. A health and safety issue perhaps ?

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Odds for a red card or a penalty have went to odds on :(

We've not had an away penalty in ages. Possibly the aforementioned St Johnstone game? In the league it's even longer. Cup red cards? Well Devine is serving a suspension carried over from last season's quarter final at Aberdeen.

So we're limiting the number of Thistle fans able to attend a ground that will be 75% empty?

Meanwhile, the big advertising board outside the ground continues to tell passers by that our next home match is against Brechin on the 27th.

It's against this background that we apparently get SLO noises about the huge financial significance of this tie.   Poor stuff all round.

So we're limiting the number of Thistle fans able to attend a ground that will be 75% empty?
Meanwhile, the big advertising board outside the ground continues to tell passers by that our next home match is against Brechin on the 27th.

It's against this background that we apparently get SLO noises about the huge financial significance of this tie.   Poor stuff all round.

f7f4c2f1924f037eaea68c6261bd4833.jpg

On 12/01/2018 at 08:12, Skyline Drifter said:

You got 800 initially, not 900. Another 200 have now been sent.

What will Queens do now Partick have sold there allocation.

Surely we will send Partick more tickets looks like they could sell more .

Why don't we give Partick all the stand we will never fill our section 

We're due a Collum clanger in one of our games. For all the criticism he frequently gets for ridiculous decisions, I've always thought he's been alright in Thistle games and can't remember one where he's ruined it for either side.

^tempting fate

What will Queens do now Partick have sold there allocation.
Surely we will send Partick more tickets looks like they could sell more .
Why don't we give Partick all the stand we will never fill our section 

I think it is a case of giving Thistle whatever is required to avoid an embarrassment. If that means the entire stand then so be it.

Thistle themselves regularly vacate their favoured home stand to accommodate the Old Firm legions.It is not as though the Dumfries public will be creating an unexpected run on the tickets.

12 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I think it is a case of giving Thistle whatever is required to avoid an embarrassment. If that means the entire stand then so be it.

Thistle themselves regularly vacate their favoured home stand to accommodate the Old Firm legions.It is not as though the Dumfries public will be creating an unexpected run on the tickets.

Ideally, we'd be opening the terracing, but there seems a reluctance to do that very often.

Archived