QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

19 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

A very tough tie - just the sort of game we need to try and re- kindle some momentum. I would go with:-

Leighfield

Mercer Fordyce Brownlie Beerman

Rooney Bell Rankin

Thomson

Dobbie Dykes

You have forgot Murray he has to play no idea why but Naysmith will play him .

Surely Bell will not get a start  just because he scored a goal he is in .

Think Martin will be back in goal but that is it .

The under 20 boys will be on the bench 

My money is on a easy Partick win they are improving we are not 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have forgot Murray he has to play no idea why but Naysmith will play him .
Surely Bell will not get a start  just because he scored a goal he is in .
Think Martin will be back in goal but that is it .
The under 20 boys will be on the bench 
My money is on a easy Partick win they are improving we are not 

In all honesty I wasn't trying to predict the team that GN will pick but the one that I would go with. I think Bell would be a decent shout because his inclusion would allow Thomson to push up into a more attacking role. By mentioning the word "attacking" I fully realise that I have already failed miserably to come remotely close to the final selection.

I have seen Bell briefly a few times and quite like him - the fact that he had enough gumption to get into the box and "gamble" a bit and actually score a goal from midfield was an unexpected bonus.

Personally I would play Stirling but I have ignored him on basis that Danny has more chance of starting than him.

Think our team for this reserve league cup tie will be:

Martin

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie Mercer

Murray Thomson Rankin Beerman

Dobbie

Dykes

@Skyline Drifter do you know if the amount of away tickets given here has been based on contact with Thistle, or has this process purely been a Queens decision?

A certain member of our staff has previous for completely underestimating our travelling supports, and as a result we don't get enough tickets/turnstiles open to meet the demand. This feels like another situation like that. Especially when it seems like there was a really obvious (and desirable) solution in the form of the terracing.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

@Skyline Drifter do you know if the amount of away tickets given here has been based on contact with Thistle, or has this process purely been a Queens decision?

A certain member of our staff has previous for completely underestimating our travelling supports, and as a result we don't get enough tickets/turnstiles open to meet the demand. This feels like another situation like that. Especially when it seems like there was a really obvious (and desirable) solution in the form of the terracing.

I’m not so sure about the terracing now. They may still be working on the floodlights at that end, so that’s maybe why it is closed. And there have been some comments on here about its condition, but I assume it still has a safety certificate. There was another solution, though. Thistle could have been given that whole stand which holds 2,200. That happened a few times with other teams before the terracing was re-opened.

It is going to be utterly ridiculous if some Thistle fans can’t get tickets when the ground holds more than 6,500 even without the away terracing, especially as there are unlikely to be more than 1,500 home fans. Just not sure what is going to happen if Thistle sell out their allocation and people show up on the day expecting to get in. Even folk not travelling because they don’t have a ticket is mental.

On 1/5/2018 at 03:44, 19QOS19 said:

Did some of your fans form a circle and start dancing that day? I can recall a pitch invasion by Thistle in the 90s but I always assumed it was promotion celebrations!

Just quoting you as you'll be well placed to answer this- if we buy off peak returns Glasgow - Dumfries for Saturday are they valid on Virgin trains to / from Glasgow-Carlisle? Might go back that way as first direct train back after game isn't til 1835

Just quoting you as you'll be well placed to answer this- if we buy off peak returns Glasgow - Dumfries for Saturday are they valid on Virgin trains to / from Glasgow-Carlisle? Might go back that way as first direct train back after game isn't til 1835

If it's Any Permitted Route there shouldn't be an issue.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

If you check the journey planner on National Rail Enquiries, going via Carlisle doesn’t come up as an option. If you use the advanced search and put in via Carlisle, it says you would have to buy 2 singles. In the guidance notes, it says that if a return fare doesn’t come up, it isn’t a permitted route. Appreciate that you only want to go that way on the way back, but looks like it should cost more to do that and your off peak return ticket might not be valid for that journey.

The Scotrail guard might charge them from Dumfries to Carlisle but I see Dumfries to Edinburgh/Dundee/Aberdeen on a regular basis and they go to Carlisle to get the train so I assume Virgin staff don't have an issue with it on board.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The Scotrail guard might charge them from Dumfries to Carlisle but I see Dumfries to Edinburgh/Dundee/Aberdeen on a regular basis and they go to Carlisle to get the train so I assume Virgin staff don't have an issue with it on board.

Is that not different, though, because going via Carlisle to these places will be a permitted route because there is no direct service?

I reckon Muzzy won’t play. Abdul’s was a shoulder problem so wouldn’t imagine that would matter.

With Penrice back I could see Booth missing this one as well.

Miles’ muscle injury from the County game seems to be fairly bad since he was doing running with Christie in Spain so can’t see him being involved.

Erskine and Dools both missed the friendly with their injuries so I think the bench beckons for them.

Lawless deserves a turn on the wing after all of his efforts at wing back.

I reckon it will be:

Cerny

McGinn

Devine

Barton

Keown

Penrice

Osman

Edwards

Spittal

Lawless

Sammon

Subs:

Scully, Dumbuya, Milan, McCarthy, Erskine, Doolan, Nisbet.

Devine is suspended. Means we'll have to wedge someone into a back 3 or play with barton and keown as CBs. Not ideal. 

I know it's an artificial pitch but the forecast isn't looking great. 

Thistle tweeted 40 away tickets left an hour or so ago so it'll sell out. 

Is that not different, though, because going via Carlisle to these places will be a permitted route because there is no direct service?

Perhaps. I'm not one for the ins and outs tbh. If they have a ticket that's in date I'm pretty relaxed. It's common to see folk with Edinburgh to Lockerbie tickets as well and I don't bother charging them.

Archived