QoS vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Plenty of bitching about the draw in general but a pleasing draw from a Thistle perspective and a decent away following should be anticipated. 

Dumfries here we come...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Reid said:

Never heard of either team. Presuming they’re Highland/Lowland league clubs so should be at least a 4 goal victory for us.

Jesus mate, what the f**k did you say that for? This sets us up nicely to be fodder for a famous cup result for either team. You need to go outside, spit on the ground, turn around a few times while chanting "no easy away games in the cup" or something similar. Do it soon, These things have a fuckin half-life. Probably best you make a blood sacrifice too, just to be safe. Small rodent, something like that.

Back to the draw. I personally want Montrose. Selfish reasons really. I've been to Palmerston (lovely away day) and have never been to Montrose. I'm in Aberdeen so this is an hour away on the train. Hell I'll want to make a day of it, cycle to Montrose, watch the game, stay in a B n B, then get the train back on Sunday.

I'm frankly delighted that we're not playing another prem team. If we prevail in this round and get St Johnstone in the next round (I said if) I reckon we should just toss a coin to decide the winner.

5 hours ago, velo army said:

Jesus mate, what the f**k did you say that for? This sets us up nicely to be fodder for a famous cup result for either team. You need to go outside, spit on the ground, turn around a few times while chanting "no easy away games in the cup" or something similar. Do it soon, These things have a fuckin half-life. Probably best you make a blood sacrifice too, just to be safe. Small rodent, something like that.

Back to the draw. I personally want Montrose. Selfish reasons really. I've been to Palmerston (lovely away day) and have never been to Montrose. I'm in Aberdeen so this is an hour away on the train. Hell I'll want to make a day of it, cycle to Montrose, watch the game, stay in a B n B, then get the train back on Sunday.

I'm frankly delighted that we're not playing another prem team. If we prevail in this round and get St Johnstone in the next round (I said if) I reckon we should just toss a coin to decide the winner.

Good news for you! Montrose is only 35 minutes on the train and Links Park only a 5 minute walk from the station. Or three and a half hours if you do a pub crawl of Montrose.

6 hours ago, Broony88 said:

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

Diddy cup anyways and I’m sure our five seasons in the top flight have proved more profitable than the measly prize money and knocking about the middle of the Championship. Apart from that, great effort :P

32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Diddy cup anyways and I’m sure our five seasons in the top flight have proved more profitable than the measly prize money and knocking about the middle of the Championship. Apart from that, great effort :P

Obviously, Thistle have had more success in the years since than us.

Measuring that by "profit" and "prize money" is a bit weird though.  I hadn't realised that was the point.

Anyway, at this rate it's really Montrose fans that you should probably be winding up.

Actually considering going down on the Friday night for this, I don't know if an away draw against someone that isn't St Johnstone or Dundee United is making me giddy. Scotrail website has "potential" engineering works for the Saturday when you search.

Actually considering going down on the Friday night for this, I don't know if an away draw against someone that isn't St Johnstone or Dundee United is making me giddy. Scotrail website has "potential" engineering works for the Saturday when you search.

Getting the main west coast train to Lockerbie (only takes 1 hour) then get the service bus or a taxi for the remaining 12 miles journey to Dumfries is another option.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Says the same thing for every route I’ve checked for that day, including out of Queen Street and Edinburgh. Possibly a standard message when booking so far in advance.

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

why the hell would you want to stay overnight in dumfries for . hellhole dumfries .   check the bus x74 stagecoach glasgow to dumfries . sure there are late buses at weekends

Archived