Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Oh, and I don’t want to be churlish, but for all GMS’s goal looked amazing, he had a huge slice of luck.

Yeah. Smith's attempt at the tackle that ended up with GMS on the inside and a clear shot at goal.

Not that Smith has been bad, not at all, I think he's been excellent.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yeah. Smith's attempt at the tackle that ended up with GMS on the inside and a clear shot at goal.

Not that Smith has been bad, not at all, I think he's been excellent.

Smith has been excellent, but trying to nip in and take the ball was a high risk strategy that didn’t pay off big time.

Oh, and I don’t want to be churlish, but for all GMS’s goal looked amazing, he had a huge slice of luck.
As he pulls his leg back the ball is sitting flat on the ground.
By the time he connects with the ball  it’s hit a bump in the pitch and jumped up 6 inches.
So wherever he was intending to hit it, it wasn’t where it ended up.
Still, if you don’t buy a ticket...

rainy_days_sunglasses.jpg

St Mirren today reminded me of us vs the cheeks, trying to play a counter attacking game but being shite at it. I imagine their fans are disappointed by the poor showing as much as the result.

I thought a second yellow for considine would have been harsh as he missed the player by a couple of feet with his studs and took him out with his arse.

our reserve CH pairing is fucking abominable. Hope arni's back midweek.

Another shitey team in the next round would be good but we're bound to get celtic.

St Mirren today reminded me of us vs the cheeks, trying to play a counter attacking game but being shite at it. I imagine their fans are disappointed by the poor showing as much as the result.
I thought a second yellow for considine would have been harsh as he missed the player by a couple of feet with his studs and took him out with his arse.
our reserve CH pairing is fucking abominable. Hope arni's back midweek.
Another shitey team in the next round would be good but we're bound to get celtic.

In a way that's what impressed me in the second half. Got the 3 goal cushion and just stopped St Mirren from playing their game. I'll accept St Mirren usually play better than they did in the second half yesterday, but I see that as much of a compliment on our performance as anything else. Reading St Mirren fab reactions to this game reminds me very much of my reactions to almost all of our recent games against Celtic.

2 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

It must have been a bit like the match on 12/08/17. I'm surprised you don't want Morton to win the cup. Any particular reason why not?

Aberdeen have a realistic chance of wining the cup plus they are in line with us regarding the old firm. You go to a Saints Morton game you see old firm tops in your support, thing is you might not like that but I can assue you it would never be aloud to happen at one of our games its not tolerated. I know what you will comeback with something our support was up in arms over the old board sold out on £ Does not take away our heated of the old firm. Good luck to Morton in the cup but you know it won' go far. 

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Aberdeen have a realistic chance of wining the cup plus they are in line with us regarding the old firm. You go to a Saints Morton game you see old firm tops in your support, thing is you might not like that but I can assue you it would never be aloud to happen at one of our games its not tolerated. I know what you will comeback with something our support was up in arms over the old board sold out on £ Does not take away our heated of the old firm. Good luck to Morton in the cup but you know it won' go far. 

I've actually not seen an old firm top at a Morton game for a while. But, I've never seen a cellic shop inside Cappielow.

Considine was very, very fortunate to have stayed on the pitch yesterday. Whether it would have made much difference, who knows?

1 hour ago, Tetragrammaton said:

I've actually not seen an old firm top at a Morton game for a while. But, I've never seen a cellic shop inside Cappielow.

Considine was very, very fortunate to have stayed on the pitch yesterday. Whether it would have made much difference, who knows?

Dons_1988 kens.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

[quote post="11894551" timestamp="1516553096" name="Tetragrammaton"

It wouldn’t

Plenty old frm tops over the tears shame on Morton fans acceting scum. 

Fkin hell, a bit of an over reaction from a few folk here.

Aberdeen were sluggish but their flair players GMS, Stewart and Christie were definitely on it. We don't play against players like that every week and even if we get promoted we still would'nt play against players as good as that every week. I've also never seen GMS have a bad game against us.

We needed Aberdeen to have an off day, they kinda did but we needed to play at our best which defensively we did not.

It's a gutter to get knocked out at this stage again but at least we can focus on the league now.

Well done Dandies.

Archived