Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7/1 seems very generous.  Might be worth a tenner (in hope more than expectation).

Also: I heard today that McLean is looking to get away from Aberdeen.  Is this true?  Asking as I think we've got a sell on clause on him.  When he was with us the season we got relegated he was banging them in for fun regularly from 35 to 40 yards.  Not that I've been watching but he seems to have been a bit quiet on the goal front...  

How has he been rated by the Dons' fans?  He was touted as a possible Scotland call up by a few on Off the Ball.  I always thought he was class at the Saints.  

13 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

7/1 seems very generous.  Might be worth a tenner (in hope more than expectation).

Also: I heard today that McLean is looking to get away from Aberdeen.  Is this true?  Asking as I think we've got a sell on clause on him.  When he was with us the season we got relegated he was banging them in for fun regularly from 35 to 40 yards.  Not that I've been watching but he seems to have been a bit quiet on the goal front...  

How has he been rated by the Dons' fans?  He was touted as a possible Scotland call up by a few on Off the Ball.  I always thought he was class at the Saints.  

Think he's averaged about 1 goal in 10 for them, which surprises me a little. I wonder if he's taking fewer pot-shots because he's in a better team now - he'll have more movement around him and more options, as opposed to just trying his luck because he's only got Callum Sodding Ball playing in front of him.

As for Saturday, I'm looking forward to it. I can't see us winning; mainly hoping we play well and don't get gubbed/lose momentum. It's the total opposite to the Celtic game last season: back then, we had little to lose, and thanks in part to some slightly OTT praise from Rodgers, emerged with our heads held high and confidence unscathed.

Wee quote from Cammy Smith been brilliant for us he also understands how much we hate the old firm probably more than Aberdeen fans do as we live in their shadow.

I don’t think I’ve got anything to prove against Aberdeen,” he said. “I had a good relationship with Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty. We got on well enough so I’m looking forward to going back. My friends and family are all Aberdeen fans – none of this Old Firm nonsense! 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Can see this being about 3 or 4 to 1 for the Aberdeen. 

It should be, looking at the resources of both Clubs. 

However, Dull and Dreary Derek is your Manager. 

We have Jack. 

3-1 to the Saints. 

:thumsup2

1 minute ago, shull said:

It should be, looking at the resources of both Clubs. 

However, Dull and Dreary Derek is your Manager. 

We have Jack. 

3-1 to the Saints. 

:thumsup2

In his defence Aberdeen are second top of their league while we are a wee diddy west coast team he knows nothing about , I quite like that to be honest for obvious reasons.

Looking forward to this despite it being an early kick off. Obviously Aberdeen are favourite but we are definitely capable of causing them problems. A great distraction from the league and a free hit for St.Mirren.
Main thing is no injuries though as we have bigger games coming up

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Wee quote from Cammy Smith been brilliant for us he also understands how much we hate the old firm probably more than Aberdeen fans do as we live in their shadow.

Cammy Smith still very well thought of among the support, and still attends games now and then with his mates. 

Hope he does very well for you - after Saturday :)

Cammy Smith has been superb for us since last season when he initially came in on loan. He's moved up another gear since signing a 2 year deal and is arguably the main reason our forward line ticks. 

I would imagine he's going to adapt to top flight football with ease if we get promoted. 

2 hours ago, BIG BEN said:

Looking forward to this despite it being an early kick off. Obviously Aberdeen are favourite but we are definitely capable of causing them problems. A great distraction from the league and a free hit for St.Mirren.
Main thing is no injuries though as we have bigger games coming up

There is not a bigger game than the Scottish Cup Final. 

Saturday is a first team competitive match and equally as important as a League match. 

Not just a distraction and free hit. 

If we get knocked out, I will be very disappointed. 

COYS 

55 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Only 9k tickets sold. Maybe I was being optimistic with my 12k prediction.

That's good, more than I thought. 

Hopefully sell a couple of thousand more on the day. 

Difficult to call this one, as we haven’t played for a few weeks. We should have enough, but you never know, we still find ways to self destruct.

I fucking love this round of the cup though and cannot wait.

Whatever happens this weekend, I’m looking forward to the Buddies coming up next season, never been to the 2021 stadium (although I hope to f**k we’re not there for a replay this month).

2-1 Dandies, Christie & Stewart.

35 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

35 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

A leisure centre.

What do you call someone from Paisley wearing a suit.

The Accused.

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anything you like.  They're probably off their tits on heroin so wont understand you. 

That's more like it chaps!

Archived