Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Do you reckon £18 is dear? I thought it was pretty decent. Anything under £20 is OK by me.

Due to the fact it's been shifted to BBC 1 (@12:15)  I do yeah. 

ETA: £18 for season ticket holders, £20 for abody else I think. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should hopefully be a cracking, competitive fixture.

I'd like to see us taking it to Aberdeen in the belief that if we do come up, we're going to be able to hang with the bigger teams.

Earlier in the (pre) season, we were absolutely ragdolled by Partick Thistle but we've come a long way since then so hopefully not too much to read into that.

I'd be more than happy to pull a replay from this. Anything that isn't a demoralising doing that threatens out league campaign though and I'll take it.

On 22/11/2017 at 13:18, Hammer Jag said:

They were the same leading up to our League Cup match earlier in the season.

That worked out well for them.

Up yours cunto:P

I was very apprehensive when the draw was made but since then i'm increasing in confidence we can get a result or take it to a replay. I'll arrive in Tenerife about kick off time so will need to find a stream or run to the nearest bar which might not go down too well with Mrs Boo but hey ho:whistle

Depends how we react to our lack of competitive game time in comparison to our opponents.

Expecting a bit more of a test than your average home game against the likes of Hamilton/Killie given the momentum they’re on, but we should still be expecting a semi comfortable home win.

Should be a good game. We're playing the best I've seen in years, but it's so difficult to call. The difference between Championship and Prem sides is tricky, I reckon it's a bigger gulf than most think though.

Will be a tough match but I'm not overly bothered by the result. If we win, awesome something else to look forward too. If we lose, oh well, the league is everything right now.

Really looking forward to this although I'm sceptical we can cause an upset given Aberdeen's undisputed quality. I'd imagine Derek McInnes wouldn't play about with the squad too much? I'm looking forward to seeing a Shinnie v McGinn midfield battle actually. 

I find it very hard to call this.

Aberdeen, whilst close to the top of the Premiership, have actually not looked that great this season.

Saints, whilst an impressive eight points clear at the top of the Championship have also put in some very mixed performaces.

Offer me a replay now and I’d rip your arm off for it!

It should be a straight forward victory for Aberdeen if they perform to their usual standard, they are the second best team in Scotland. If they have an off day and we play out of our skin we have a chance.

I know I said this before the Thistle game but the thought of Morgan, Smith and even Magennis on the counter attack is exciting. Quick, direct and they can all score goals.

Just hope we do ourselves justice this time, that Thistle game was a disgrace.

I don't suppose anyone would be massively surprised if St. Mirren get a result here. Especially after McInnes talking about how we want to do well in the cup. Egg on the face chance?

Add to that the first game after the winter break and it makes me more worried. It would be nice to think that we'll win this easily but that's not usually our style.

10 minutes ago, shull said:

I am guessing there will be less than 7000 at the Tie. 

I am also guessing we will win 3-1.

We are flying. 

I'd expect more than that. We had 8,960 at the Stranraer game last season. You'll bring up more than 135 fans.

The Richard Donald Upper is closed (I guess. It says it's sold out on the website) and there are 6,905 tickets available. Probably 12k by Saturday. Not great but not bad for an early kick off on telly.

On 20/11/2017 at 23:21, Menzel said:

362438h1024-SMALL.jpg

On 22/11/2017 at 21:04, Menzel said:

Shull really is a dreadful poster.

Come on Menzel. 

This is the Matchday Thread. 

Give us all your thoughts on the Tie. 

Your 2 posts already may be true but irrelevant. 

Give us your wisdom. 

On 13/01/2018 at 23:34, jimmy boo said:

Up yours cunto:P

I was very apprehensive when the draw was made but since then i'm increasing in confidence we can get a result or take it to a replay. I'll arrive in Tenerife about kick off time so will need to find a stream or run to the nearest bar which might not go down too well with Mrs Boo but hey ho:whistle

Jimmy don’t worry we’ll pass the Jags on the way up :thumsup2

Our record against St. Mirren in the cup is

Played 13, Won 6, Drawn 4, Lost 3

At home it's played 5, Won 4, lost 1  in (1914)

Means nothing obviously but I'm bored so I thought I'd look it up.

Bet35 odds Home 4/11, Draw 15/4, Away 7/1 - Those odds look tempting if the St. Mirren posters are really as confident as they appear.

Archived