Stucking stuff...

Romeo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

@Romeo was asking about cordless, hand held vacuums. Henry and his sister Henrietta may be great vacuums, much loved by cleaners and builders as well as civilians but hand held, cordless vacuums they are not. 

Couldn't give a f**k what Romeo was asking for. He can't even be bothered to spell the thread title properly.

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Couldn't give a f**k what Romeo was asking for. He can't even be bothered to spell the thread title properly.

You don't like it when people sidetrack your (excellent) "Can you guess what it is?" thread yet you trample in in here with your size 6 and a half seven boots without a care for poor Romeo's consumer advice requirements. Loose talk could cost him his marriage. His wife could unwrap a Henry on Christmas Day and in seconds she's on the phone to 0800-DIVORCE-THE-b*****d. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You don't like it when people sidetrack your (excellent) "Can you guess what it is?" thread yet you trample in in here with your size 6 and a half boots without a care for poor Romeo's consumer advice requirements. Loose talk could cost him his marriage. His wife could unwrap a Henry on Christmas Day and in seconds she's on the phone to 0800-DIVORCE-THE-b*****d. 

Six and a half? You've got me confused with @Bairnardo

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

FTFY. Apologies. 

You go and f**k yourself.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are these Henrys actually decent?  Im in the market but Im ideally looking for a good solid upright.

Hide contents

Image result for kenneth williams

See @Shandon Par, advice being taken on general vacuums. Yes Melanius, they are excellent.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are these Henrys actually decent?  Im in the market but Im ideally looking for a good solid upright.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for kenneth williams

Henrys are of the drag along variety. Gone downhill IMO. Had one recently and they've clearly started using cheaper plastics etc. Get a Kirby upright for good sucking power. 

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cheers, I'll check out the Kirbys.  Had a Vax upright but the other week I lost the plot with it in the living room, kicked it and broke the plastic frame at the base. 

^^^Looks up to Henry.

It was an almost cultish thing in the 80s. They cost a fortune and the sales team were Wolf of Wall Street-esque. They just about tear up the carpet they suck so hard. 

demoupright.jpg

They come round and badger you into giving them about 3 grand. 

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Kirby Salesmen. Pretty sure one of my neighbours was one many moons ago. 

Anyway, Im throwing the Shark out there. 

Either the Rocket or Left-away.  Seen there reduced on ao.com and were being advertised by a young glamorous american wifie the other morning on the telly.

It was the Herbalife of its day. 

Used to have a Henry. Replaced with a Dyson V8 animal about a year ago as they were on offer. Still ridiculously expensive for a hoover even with the discount but probably one of the best things I've bought for the house. Would never go back to corded now, so much quicker and easier to use. Sold the Henry for £50 on Gumtree aswell which reduced the overall outlay further. 

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

I concur with the Henry suggestion. Great hoovers.

I had a mate who was a little too fond of Henry, one night after a bout of heavy drinking he went back to his cabin (lived on a navy base) kebab in hand and decided to 'insert' himself into Henry. The next thing he knew he was being woken up by the fire brigade still attached to Henry who was kicking out smoke. The block had emptied when the fire alarm went off so word got about, not that the guy was shy telling the story. He got billed for a new Henry and to get his cabin door fixed as the fire brigade had to smash it to get in. All true, he even sent the story to a 'lads mag' complete with a copy of the report but I don't think they published it.

This definitely needs a thread of its own.

Mrs Romeo wants a cordless hoover. Preferably one that converts into a smaller handheld if needed.

Any recommendations? Preferably one that doesn't cost 2 grand or something.

Pictures and links appreciated.

Hmmmmm I will tell you what I tell everyone who comes into my dyson repair shop. Leave the fuc**ing things alone. The most expensive "toys" ever. If you live in a single end with no carpets then maybe you can get by on the 7 -10 minute run time and the 3 - 4 hour recharge time then fine (dependant on model). Dont believe the hype or the shiny adverts ( do you smirk at the whitening toothpaste ? giggle at the over 50's life insurance with no questions asked ? laugh at the anti wrinkle cream? or piss your self at the scuba diving boxing bird who can do it all on the rag ?) Then why do you believe dyson ? Around 3/4 months ago "Which the consumer mag) made him change his adverts and information as he was claming an UP to 40 min runtime, what he forgot to mention was that was only on slow power with NO attachments !!!!!!!! So when used WITH attachments on full power it more than halves the runtime, the bigger the attachment the less runtime. dyson, gtech , shark have taken over the advertisment market and fool all the tv consumers into buying there product. Anyway when you buy any new upright dyson ( NOT cordless meaning BATTERY operated) you get a 5 YEAR Guarantee. When you buy a BATTERY (cordless) dyson you only get a 2 YEAR Guarantee. Says enough, NO? Ok so you have just went out and spent a couple of hundred quid ( up to over £500, uses the same battery by the way) on a battery on a stick? how long would you like it to last ? when it stops working after a couple of years are you willing to spend £35 on a new charger? or more than likely £75 on a new battery ? Let us add to the conversation that dyson at this moment in time has taken ALL his batterys off his website, If you call them direct they are "out of stock" . The reason in the last Mr Dyson has delisted stock is he is moving on to something new as his "latest" product has ran its lifespan.
yes you can go on ama*on and e*ay and see batteries priced anywere from £20 upwards.....1st they are not genuine. 2nd its like buying 12 AA batteries from the pondshop.
To sum up, all brands now do a cordless(battery) vacuum cleaner and most are less than half the price of a dyson BUT with (virtually) the same power output, some even better, same guarantee, same suction......be informed dont be fooled and the choice is yours.
sorry for the long post [emoji42]

Archived