Stucking stuff...

Romeo

This definitely needs a thread of its own.

Mrs Romeo wants a cordless hoover. Preferably one that converts into a smaller handheld if needed.

Any recommendations? Preferably one that doesn't cost 2 grand or something.

Pictures and links appreciated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That's the one I mentioned to her after seeing it in an ad. Very expensive emoji52.png

Very handy anyway. Still have a big hoover tucked away but only need to use it once in a blue moon for stuff that would mess/clog the hand held thingy.

Genuinely furious that you’ve brought this shite to P&B.  I hope whatever piece of crap you end up with has dodgy wiring and burns your house down. 

I will start a fundraising page and take the wife on a cruise.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Hoovering isn't my department. If you need an iron though, I'm your man. Did I did it tonight watching the Brighton game. I've got one of the ones with the separate tank. You get a better steam and finish.

Wife has a press iron, my only job is to bring it in and take it away, takes her nae time

Anything by vax from Argos will be fine. (They might have slightly copied the same sort of gear from that other chap mentioned earlier).

Or go gtech as the MIL did. Why? I dunno but it’s on daytime tv, costs hunners and she seems delighted with it. Result?

Argos is your answer.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Mrs Romeo wants a cordless hoover. Preferably one that converts into a smaller handheld if needed.

Is it so you can use it to sook your knob so she doesn't have to?

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

Should have stopped reading here.

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Do not buy a Dyson. Over priced over hyped  Tory shite.

The first Dyson we got was brilliant, the second not so good and the third (and current) one is flimsy compared to the first. Don't know if its a weight saving thing because lassies were complaining about the weight of them or if its down to poor/cheap manufacturing. As the main Dysoner I really don't like them anymore.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Hoovering isn't my department. If you need an iron though, I'm your man. Did it tonight watching the Brighton game. I've got one of the ones with the separate tank. You get a better steam and finish.

The missus used to do the day to day stuff but we just go scruffy now,  I've always been the 'sunday best' ironer though.

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

The first Dyson we got was brilliant, the second not so good and the third (and current) one is flimsy compared to the first. Don't know if its a weight saving thing because lassies were complaining about the weight of them or if its down to poor/cheap manufacturing. As the main Dysoner I really don't like them anymore.

The missus used to do the day to day stuff but we just go scruffy now,  I've always been the 'sunday best' ironer though.

I'm scruffy, but unironed clothes go beyond that. You are unkempt.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm scruffy, but unironed clothes go beyond that. You are unkempt.

I can go with that. While I would (and have when I had to fend for myself) wear wrinkled gear if you fold it when you take it off the line/clothes horse then its not an issue, or so I've been told.  Body heat is your friend as well, iron while wearing. :)

Archived