Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

The Master

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looking forward to more 'banter' from Cromarty.

moz.jpg.d176e980bc512c027fb0af7ab8ac2364.jpg

I think I missed the origin of that photo so tried a Google search by image. 

No joke, this is what it suggested:

A3713DD1-F408-4EAF-984A-584FA4040C9A.thumb.jpeg.70b3c0cbfe0f9c85cd58dca61c8d4916.jpeg

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Not getting the negativity about this game. Bigger gap between the two leagues than I think people realise as seen in the derby games.

Don't forget that we were beaten by an utterly shite St Mirren last season in the same round.

We also go into this after a winter break, which is half a pre-season, while Inverness will have been playing weekly.

Could of been a lot worse but could of been a lot easier draw for us. Obviously we'll be favourites and we finally got the ICT monkey off our backs last season so hopefully we'll progress. We've just got to learn from our mistakes last season and don't take lower league opposition lightly like St Mirren.

On 11/21/2017 at 13:08, RossDee01 said:

Coll Donaldson plays for them so I'm fairly confident we will at least score.

We've now had a run of seven consecutive clean sheets and Coll has played in every one of those games, admittedly he had a shaky start in the pre seasons and championship and I feared the worst but since then I've watched the lad grow with confidence and like many other Caley fans I'm glad he's with us this season.

Sadly I'll miss this match due to being off to warmer climes.

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We've now had a run of seven consecutive clean sheets and Coll has played in every one of those games, admittedly he had a shaky start in the pre seasons and championship and I feared the worst but since then I've watched the lad grow with confidence and like many other Caley fans I'm glad he's with us this season.

Sadly I'll miss this match due to being off to warmer climes.

f**k me! I didn't think I'd ever see the words Coll Donaldson and glad he's with us  in one sentence.

Thank you for introducing me to a genuinely new experience.

(ETA - I don't think there is an Arab alive (or dead) who is not glad he's with you too!!)

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Dundee will not be allowed to compete for position as The European City of Culture.

The Lochee Ballet Company will be in bits with this.

And as Dundee's Director of Culture  so sublimely put it, "It's a right kick in the pus ken".

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

f**k me! I didn't think I'd ever see the words Coll Donaldson and glad he's with us  in one sentence.

Thank you for introducing me to a genuinely new experience.

(ETA - I don't think there is an Arab alive (or dead) who is not glad he's with you too!!)

Dearie dearie me, it's like leading lambs to the slaughter!

Tell me Macarab, was that not Coll Donaldson playing when we beat you lot 0-2 at Tannadice recently and another clean sheet for us.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie dearie me, it's like leading lambs to the slaughter!

Tell me Macarab, was that not Coll Donaldson playing when we beat you lot 0-2 at Tannadice recently and another clean sheet for us.

Ok Sandy; happy to chat this through.

Firstly my post: your post to which I was referring was a genuinely new and refreshing experience, as for 2 years, of watching Coll Donaldson wearing tangerine & black,  flounce about pitches up and down Scotland like Bambi on ice, I have never read (on any forum) or heard anyone around me say they were happpy he was there; so good for you that you are pleased to have him.

I ended my Post by stating that we were glad he was with you. Let me qualify that. Him being with you means he is not with us, and therefore we are not paying him £3k a week to scare the living daylights out of us all, whenever we have no option but to play him. Him being with you means we freed up funds to get Fraser Fyvie, and out of the 2 players in question, I know which I'd prefer.

Next to your Post.

The game at Tannadice to which you refer, was one of the most abject United performances I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Whether this was down to a defensive masterclass from Coll Donaldson, or just the fact that we were in the final throws of Ray's unfortunate tenure, by which time it would appear that our players couldn't kick their own arses, is a matter for debate, that is outside the scope of this thread.

In any case, well done for a good win that day, and it does appear that after a shocking start you guys are getting it together. May still be too late for a play off place, but still possible.

If it makes you feel any better, I hope Coll plays another blinder at the weekend, and you keep another clean sheet against St Mirren. That being said, (without being harsh in the slightest) as Coll did virtually nothing to help us when he played for us, I don't expect him to start now.

All the best for Saturday and also against the Dees.^_^ 

I was impressed with Donaldson when he played against us.  Not outstanding but solid and effective; kept things simple.

I wonder how many players we’ve had at United over the last few seasons who have looked poor because they have been badly managed.

19 hours ago, MacArab said:

Ok Sandy; happy to chat this through.

Firstly my post: your post to which I was referring was a genuinely new and refreshing experience, as for 2 years, of watching Coll Donaldson wearing tangerine & black,  flounce about pitches up and down Scotland like Bambi on ice, I have never read (on any forum) or heard anyone around me say they were happpy he was there; so good for you that you are pleased to have him.

I ended my Post by stating that we were glad he was with you. Let me qualify that. Him being with you means he is not with us, and therefore we are not paying him £3k a week to scare the living daylights out of us all, whenever we have no option but to play him. Him being with you means we freed up funds to get Fraser Fyvie, and out of the 2 players in question, I know which I'd prefer.

Next to your Post.

The game at Tannadice to which you refer, was one of the most abject United performances I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Whether this was down to a defensive masterclass from Coll Donaldson, or just the fact that we were in the final throws of Ray's unfortunate tenure, by which time it would appear that our players couldn't kick their own arses, is a matter for debate, that is outside the scope of this thread.

In any case, well done for a good win that day, and it does appear that after a shocking start you guys are getting it together. May still be too late for a play off place, but still possible.

If it makes you feel any better, I hope Coll plays another blinder at the weekend, and you keep another clean sheet against St Mirren. That being said, (without being harsh in the slightest) as Coll did virtually nothing to help us when he played for us, I don't expect him to start now.

All the best for Saturday and also against the Dees.^_^ 

Decent post, what happened to us at the start of the season was that we had lost some really good players and then Robertson came in as manager with only a couple of weeks to the start of the season, so with a depleted squad he had to shop round on an extremely tight budget and we ended up with a few jobbers, Donaldson being one of them, which obviously cost us dearly in points.

Since then Robertson, who I heavily criticised for coming back to the club, has turned it around by whatever means, Mulraney for example has improved to a point where he has become more mature and instead of running as fast as he can and performing wee tricks which got him nowhere he is now producing an end product.

I watched Donaldson closely when we were away to Dumbarton and sure enough by trying too hard he was all over the feckin place like a 15 year old, since then his game play has changed dramatically, Danger in the post above has in a nutshell as his game now is old fashioned simple defending, that is watching and sussing where the action is coming forward and nullify it, I think Rice has had a lot to do with it, another plus  is that he has linked well with Ridgers and Mackay.

• 1 month later...
On 24/11/2017 at 13:30, Granny Danger said:

I was impressed with Donaldson when he played against us.  Not outstanding but solid and effective; kept things simple.

I wonder how many players we’ve had at United over the last few seasons who have looked poor because they have been badly managed.

He was fucking shite you absolute draindead mess of a gerbil farmer.

Archived