Albion Rovers vs St Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Apparently SFA are clamping-down on moving grounds from this season, after Bonnyrigg and the various A£bion Rovr$ escapades.

Prizemoney and TV payments also reorganised.

“Apparently “ - you seem well informed 

Not particularly. It's been mentioned elsewhere on here relating to LTHV v St Mirren (after St Mirren put out a statement wanting it moved from Saughton) and on other forums in relation to Fraserburgh v Rangers (when it was initially suggested capacity could be very low) and in my own case when talking to a clubman I know while watching an EOSL game a few weeks before LTHV v St Mirren.

Such switches weren't for postponements anyway, of course, but citing safety/capacity/segregation or to get bigger gates. EK v Celtic was also moved at the authorities behest. In recent decades I can only think of 2 examples of ties getting moved due to postponements - Gretna FC when Fir Park was a quagmire and LTHV v Huntly (which was also slightly different due to being a non-member qualifier).

On 19/01/2018 at 15:53, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Forgive me for being lazy, but is this all ticket?

Two of my favourite 'other' teams at one of my favourite grounds.

Theres expected to be tickets on sale at the ground on Tuesday, if your still interested. Albion Rovers forum seems to have a staff member keeping everyone updated 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres expected to be tickets on sale at the ground on Tuesday, if your still interested. Albion Rovers forum seems to have a staff member keeping everyone updated 

Depending on what time I'm home from work I may well do that. Cheers :)

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Realistically is this going to be on? Snow may have gone, but will the pitch thaw?

Pitch apparently wasn't the issue on Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Depending on what time I'm home from work I may well do that. Cheers :)

No bother. Keep an eye on albion Rovers forum though, might change 

Glasgow and surrounding areas heavy thawing at present. Can;t comment on Coatbridge though. Assuming it is the same, surely the issue now becomes excess water from the thaw and thus pitch likely to be waterlogged? Does anyone know if a decision will be made today or will it be tomorrow?

16 minutes ago, Super_J said:

Glasgow and surrounding areas heavy thawing at present. Can;t comment on Coatbridge though. Assuming it is the same, surely the issue now becomes excess water from the thaw and thus pitch likely to be waterlogged? Does anyone know if a decision will be made today or will it be tomorrow?

Have to imagine it'll be tomorrow, but that's purely my opinion and not based on any knowledge 

That’s alright then, I don’t know what it’s like around there, having been in the East, but having been in Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen today it’s totally clear, but dunno what the West is like.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

That’s alright then, I don’t know what it’s like around there, having been in the East, but having been in Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen today it’s totally clear, but dunno what the West is like.

my back green this morning... I stay 5 mins from ground. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 11.47.41.png

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Albion Rovers forum seems to have a staff member keeping everyone updated 

He's the Chairman! We don't really have non-footballing staff, as such; just a hardy bunch of volunteers.

Keep an eye on the Rovers Facebook too; the link should be to photos of a local company who are helping clear the pitch as we speak. I still can't help but think the heavy rain that is due tomorrow will scupper things but I can't fault the effort being put in.

Archived