Albion Rovers vs St Johnstone

jamamafegan

23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Forgive me for being lazy, but is this all ticket?

Two of my favourite 'other' teams at one of my favourite grounds.

All ticket, but it's there's still a handful of tickets on the go. No idea if you can buy them in the morning before the match or not. Can probably view the game from a nearby vantage point anyway tbh. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can find my pre-match article with Brian Kerr, here.

I've been really impressed with Brian when I've spoken to him so far this season and his attitude is great heading into today's game. 

His philosophy may aid St Johnstone as they'be got a lot of good players who should exploit any defensive gaps and errors but as was shown in the summer, versus Hamilton for example, visiting sides - particularly those who are full-time - do not enjoy coming to Coatbridge and a lot may hinge on the mentality of the Saints players. 

I'm sure TW will have his players well equipped and ready so it is set up for a fascinating tussle. Trouten being suspended will really hinder Albion but games like this give some of their squad players a chance to shine!

Hopefully the match goes ahead and All the Best to both sides. :thumsup2

The Saints players will totally be up for it, they fucking love a battle. The only player who wouldn't have loved an away day to a lower league mudbath has fucked off back to the ****. 

I'm gonna hit jamama right in his sheep shagging puss with an icy snowball if I see him.

Sort of annoying they've called it off so early, pitch will probably be fine in three hours, and that still leaves two hours to get to the match. 

Such is life. 

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Plenty of warning at least, hopefully Tuesday is a goer.

But there, in a nutshell, is the futility of a winter break in Scottish football. Three weeks where weather is fine then first week back and match is snowed off!

Imagine there's huge doubts over Tuesday now aswell. Assume it gets moved to the next midweek after that? 

Sure I seen a @HibeeJibee post explaining it but cant find it. 

Weather turns very mild from Sunday so you imagine Tuesday will be fine.

Looking at the portion of pitch that was cleared and with tempertures not getting much above 0, it isn't much a surprise the game is off.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Plenty of warning at least, hopefully Tuesday is a goer.

But there, in a nutshell, is the futility of a winter break in Scottish football. Three weeks where weather is fine then first week back and match is snowed off!

To make the winter break possible, eight games were crammed into December and a mid-week full card was scheduled for the end of January. Final proof that the SPFL have no regard for football fans.

2 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

To make the winter break possible, eight games were crammed into December and a mid-week full card was scheduled for the end of January. Final proof that the SPFL have no regard for football fans.

Yes. A break then cramming in 2 or 3 games a week to fit in fixtures, doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to sicken everyone of the game and attract less folk along. I've said it before, but even the way they did those December fixtures with most of the games crammed in before Xmas, then only 2 in the week from Boxing Day to 2nd January when loads of people want to go to games was ridiculous.

I'm off again, I'll stop now... :whistle

On 11/21/2017 at 15:52, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

At the risk of dampening your enthusiasm, I would advise that you don't bet too much on the game being played on the first scheduled date : it is Coatbridge in January!

:whistle

28 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Furthermore, if you consult the "Scottish Cup 2017-18" thread, neither the cramming into December or January - nor the clashing with R4 postponements/replays - was even necessary.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Imagine there's huge doubts over Tuesday now aswell. Assume it gets moved to the next midweek after that? 

Sure I seen a @HibeeJibee post explaining it but cant find it. 

If a tie is still incomplete after a 2nd attempt... i.e. due to 2 postponements/abandonments, or 1 + 1 draw... clubs have to start trying twice per midweek.

These are on Mondays & Wednesdays.

However, clubs can agree on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. (They might do so to avoid playing Sat-Mon, but if not already a replay risk having to play Tue-Wed).

EDIT: Also claims it'd reverse to Perth after 3 postponements are nonsense.

(Such rules exist in non-league seniors cups, tbf... albeit generally now 2 strikes, IIRC).

Archived