Edinburgh Cup Derby 2018

Neiljb

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Should just make this an annual Scottish Cup fixture now tbh. That's 7 in the last 12 years. Compared to 3 in the previous 30 odd years.

The only cup fixtures between the teams anybody will remember are the Hampden ones though m9 greggy.png

The seethe if these mutant c**ts beat us again, let alone the derby between Christmas and New Year, will pass Hiroshima and Nagasaki levels.

Levein and Budge will genuinely get John Wilsoned. eMlO2Ay.png

• 1 month later...

Surprisingly little smack talk in here, but it's game week so let's change that.

Hearts v Hibs, my team versus your team.  The winner shall be showered with praise, the loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore.

Will be a tight game again no doubt, but I'm not convinced Stokes, Swanson and Boyle will have recovered from their curfew breaking exploits in Spain, so I'm going for a narrow 3-0 to Hearts.  Mitchell with a perfect hat trick from left back.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Surprisingly little smack talk in here, but it's game week so let's change that.

Hearts v Hibs, my team versus your team.  The winner shall be showered with praise, the loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore.

Will be a tight game again no doubt, but I'm not convinced Stokes, Swanson and Boyle will have recovered from their curfew breaking exploits in Spain, so I'm going for a narrow 3-0 to Hearts.  Mitchell with a perfect hat trick from left back.

Greenie for the simpsons reference. 

I'm going for Hearts 0-? Hibs.

It will be much the same as the last game with Hearts creating absolutely nothing. Hoofing it aimlessly forward with 11 men behind the ball. Hibs will struggle to break them down and will probably only create 2 or 3 decent chances. Hibs to win 2-0 in the replay if they don't score in this one.

In the fourth round last season we played Bonnyrigg Rose at Tynecastle. It was genuinely quite heartwarming to see their little faces all excited before kick off, they even managed to fill a whole stand behind the goals as well as a couple of blocks in the Wheatfield. They had all their support there plus many of the players' relatives, it was a refreshing change of pace for us Hibs fans, who are far more used to facing the Barcelonas and Real Madrids of this world. Unfortunately for the "Rosey Posey", they were swiftly dealt with an 8-1 drubbing. 

Having watched some clips of Hearts (is that how it's spelled?) on YouTube, I can't see much changing this time around. They might even hand over the whole Wheatfield to cater for our fans, who will be bringing the green pound to see 10 in a row sealed.

As others have alluded to in the thread, it’s a real chance for those Heart of Midlothians to stamp their authority as Edinburgh west’s biggest team given the incredible recent successes of their closest rivals and neighbours, Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale.

I believe Lennon and the team will approach this game in the professional manner required to ensure a comfortable victory for the 9 in a rowers.

Realistically it’s an uneven match as we have recently signed Australian World Cup superstar Jamie McLaren and have an array of talented, full internationalists at our disposal however upsets do happen in cup football and we will need to be on our guard from this side from Edinburgh west who may nick a goal or benefit from a fortuitous refereeing decision.

There have been rumours that the groundsman HAS altered the Tynecastle pitch, making it smaller. After speaking to Hibs fans on social media(instagram), a lot are up in arms about this but it honestly doesn't bother me. I would do the exact same thing if I was in Hearts position.

I think Spartans employed a similar tactic when they played Morton at home in The Scottish and it worked for them.

Archived