Edinburgh Cup Derby 2018

Neiljb

7 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

There does actually seem to be some Hearts fans that think Hibs brand of flair football is actually a myth but I can tell you it's not. It's actually known throughout the world, as I found out in even the most remote of places.

I was in New Zealand about six years ago doing a tour of the Marae(meeting grounds), which is the focal point of the Māori communities throughout New Zealand.

Anyway as we're going round we are introduced to a certain tribe that have had no contact with the outside world in decades. This one aboriginal looks at me and then immediately starts shouting and causing a scene. I was wearing a pair of Hibs shorts and he keeps pointing at the badge, shouting like a lunatic as he was trying to communicate with me, getting more animated as he's trying to break down the language barrier. This goes on for a couple of minutes before our tour guide comes over to try and translate this guys ramblings but even he has no luck. I felt that the situation was getting desperate so I decided to try and resolve it as it was making me and the rest of the people on the tour increasingly uncomfortable.

He just kept pointing at the Hibs badge and speaking in his native tongue. That's when it struck me, i now knew what the man meant. I took a step towards him and pointed at the badge on my shorts and for the first time since I encountered him he fell silent as he stood transfixed. After pointing to the Hibs crest I then put both of my index fingers together before making the universal give and go/one-two gesture. What happened next will stay with me for forever. He looked at me with wonder in his eyes and just nodded his head gently up and down for a few seconds before motioning me towards his home. It was there that he handed me the programme for the Hibs vs Vasco De Gama match from the Hibs tour of Brazil 1953.

I still have that programme.

GGTTH

That's a wonderful tale Dom, thanks for sharing it. Am I right in thinking that trip to Brazil was the one where we famously taught the Brazilians our secrets on how to play the Beautiful Game? It's fantastic to see we still stick by our footballing philosophy to this day, decades later. A club with true identity.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Must be tough for you, trawling through all them history books your da gave you, seeing as you can't possibly be any older than 12 and are  yet to attend an actual Hearts game.

Sick burn, man. eMlO2Ay.png

On 22/07/2017 at 18:56, Elixir said:

I'm already throbbing for his inevitable derby winner and celebration. PowttJS.gif

On 07/07/2017 at 21:48, Elixir said:

He's a derby winner in waiting, unfortunately for you. greggy.png

On 29/06/2017 at 14:04, Elixir said:

You just ken he's the type of c**t with derby winner written all over him, eh?

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Given he's been about as visible as Casper in the first 2 derbies, I think we can safely file that one in the "not happening" cabinet.

Image result for talkhearts

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It's ok m9. I missed him playing for your team in the last couple of derbies.

Other than that ugly wee mutant Murray megging Souttar, I could say the same about most of the Hibs bois over the past 180 minutes of derby football. ChMampY.png

Big Laff's screamer in the rout of your big club will do for now until his inevitable derby winner further down the line. 4U0m6pP.png

There is no denying Naismith is a good signing and would have liked to have seen him come to us. Surprised if interest wasnt shown at any stage. Didn't like him at either Kilmarnock or Oldco but warmed to him at Everton and his Scotland performances. He seems a decent guy with his charity work but I'm sure one kiss of the badge will have me reverting to my previous opinion of him

For Sunday I'd go with:

McLaughlin

Randall Souttar Berra Mitchell

Cowie Djoum Cochrane

Milinkovic                                 Isma

Naismith

Subs: Hamilton, Hughes, Smith.Callachan, Moore, Macdonald, Stockton

If he's fit i'd maybe be tempted to start Moore over Isma as he's a natural wide player and works back as well.  Would have prince on the bench if fit but think he's struggling.

Hibernian signing criteria (updated for Rherras):

Moroccan International  ✅

Hates Hearts  

Loves Hibs  

I like where this is going...

6YD3Oxe.png

Rherras to score the winner and maintain the Moroccan tradition at Hibernian.

(Benjelloun & Zemmama, our only other players capped by Morocco, scored their first Hibs goals against Hearts.)

Archived