Edinburgh Cup Derby 2018

Neiljb

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the third year running Hibernian have been drawn to play their city rivals,although the rivalry is only really down to the location of the two clubs and not actually based on the quality of the sides or indeed size of the club with Hibs being a few classes above in both departments, most Hibs fans see Celtic as our main rivals and I'd agree with that.

Anyway..... on to the game and I'm quite intrigued to see how Levein will set Hearts up for this match. It's a real dilemma for him - come out and try and match Hibs by playing football and you find yourself three nil down after 20 minutes or sit in and try and frustrate Hibs by turning the game into a bit of a brawl but inviting pressure from a team with players such as John McGinn, Anthony "tony" Stokes, Brandon Barker, Dylan McGeouch etc etc is asking for trouble, one lapse in concentration when playing against internationals and you'll be punished.

Lennon and the players will need to approach this game in a very professional manner as it is a potential banana skin. Except from Berra, Lafferty and Jamie Wilson on the wing, Hearts are a bit of an unknown quantity but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean to say they're bad players. I'd imagine there will be a few new additions to each squad by the time the game comes around as well.

Archived