Rovers v spiders

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queens Park are clearly a pretty limited side. The Rovers, on the other hand, are a bunch of relatively talented footballers with no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

I'd love to hear from Barry Smith, just on how he sees us scoring goals. Like, what's the plan? If he had to predict how our first goal would come along, what would he his best guess?

Seems it was 'play so badly for so long that Queens start pushing forward, then hit them on the break'.

Ground out a win today. First hour was really grim, absolutely no surprise that we sprung into life when we took Herron off. I’d be keen to try Vaughan in there alongside Robertson. At least he’s got that bit creativity about him which has been sorely lacking. Matthews also looked a bit more assured than he has been of late. Zanatta did well when we came on and took his goal well. Imperative that we win again next week as Ayr show no signs of slowing down.

Fear for QP, they’re the worst side I’ve seen this season. No punch whatsoever up front. A shame because their fans are all good folk.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Queens Park are clearly a pretty limited side. The Rovers, on the other hand, are a bunch of relatively talented footballers with no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

I'd agree with this. We have no real goal threat, but I think we were at least as good as Raith until the substitution. Zanatta did well with his goal and started to open us up. He does go down easily and it does get embarrassing, but from where I was I thought he was caught in the box. Will stand corrected if proved wrong.

I'd agree with this. We have no real goal threat, but I think we were at least as good as Raith until the substitution. Zanatta did well with his goal and started to open us up. He does go down easily and it does get embarrassing, but from where I was I thought he was caught in the box. Will stand corrected if proved wrong.

I'll give Zanatta credit for his goal.. he took it well.

He also did brilliant to get his shot away for the Second where Spence headed in the rebound.

He went over twice in the box in the last 15 minutes today though and neither of them were even close to being penalties. He needs to cut out that shite and start playing like he did today, every week.

This is really bad.

Absolutely tedious to watch.  f**k this being your first experience of football at this level :lol:

I'd love to hear from Barry Smith, just on how he sees us scoring goals. Like, what's the plan? If he had to predict how our first goal would come along, what would he his best guess?

I see these sort of comments and I think staying in to watch the Scotland game then heading to the Lantern Parade/Christmas lights/fireworks wasn't such a bad idea.

Still, we have a 100% home record. As I didn't have to watch it, I'm happy with that.

I'll be at Starks next week for another thrilling instalment.

Kudos to Smith as his subs/moving Vaughan to central midfield is basically what swung the game in our favour. Maybe Vaughan is the creative midfielder we need to feed the likes of Buchanan/Spence/Zanatta. Young guys did well, should be a good confidence boost for them today at the back with us keeping a clean sheet. Clean sheet, 3 points, fantastic home form continues. Happy days :)

Great to get the win but the first half was dreadful thankfully smith realised herron is shit amd took him off. Fair play to Zenatta he made an impact when he came on and things seemed to go better when when we were more positve the build up in the first half was unbelievably  slow .

Archived