Rovers v spiders

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

My take on yesterday. If we are going to persist with long aimless punts to Spence and buchanan we need to have the midfield push on to win the second ball. It's pointless just punting it into an area if you don't have your team closing down the likely zones for where it is going to fall from the clearance. Zannata did make the difference yesterday because he was played wider than he has been so was able to utilise his height and pace a bit more, I'd say that's more of his natural role than up front. Buchanan works his arse off but you can see how frustrated he is with the piss poor service he's getting. Vaughan needs to release the ball earlier, he really is believing his own hype now and it's not helping his game or the teams. Smith didn't really do much wrong but I have no confidence with balls into the box with him in goals. Lennox was kicking strongly enough to suggest his groin is fine now in the warmup. Zannata needs to stop diving about, it's embarrassing. Good luck to the spiders but you desperately need a striker in. You had nothing up top yesterday.

Tldr etc

It was Vaughan releasing the ball at the right time that gave us three points tbf.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few points of encouragement from yesterday for me were

1) we won without playing well and being in terrible form, keeping the 100% home record up. Important win with Ayr keeping up their good form and hopefully will get the confidence back up.

2) Zannata looked sharp, took his goal well and will also hopefully show a bit more of that going forward.

3) Vaughan from a central deeper area worked well and offers us a new option. It made such a difference having someone who has pace and can beat a man in the central area. The first goal was really well worked. A brilliant pass from Robertson to split the lines and get Vaughan at the back four - hopefully this kind of combo play increases.

4) Not too bad a hangover today

Archived